X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sympathiser button hole badge

reverse
    Attached Files

not saying theres anything wrong with these , but is it my imagination that all of a sudden there seems to be quite a few around ,2 on weitze ,other examples on other militaria sites , this one is on e-stand ,
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Terry OToole View Post
      but is it my imagination that all of a sudden there seems to be quite a few around
      What are your concerns with these? From your comment, then all EKs and any other TR item that appears often,(everything really) would be reason for concern?

Dont forget, the Sympathy badge was not official, it was made not only in Germany but in Austia, and in Italy etc etc. Any non official badge was allowed to be made by anyone, so makers with little experience would and did make them as well, therefore leaving behind some real horrible versions, or in some cases real beauties.

Comment

just wondering why all of a sudden there seems so many of this particular type , maybe an oversight by me but i ve never noticed so many of this buttonhole for sale at one time ! i collect sympathiser badges and thought i would have noticed ,maybe a cache of these has been discovered?

Comment

just wondering why all of a sudden there seems so many of this particular type , maybe an oversight by me but i ve never noticed so many of this buttonhole for sale at one time ! i collect sympathiser badges and thought i would have noticed ,maybe a cache of these has been discovered?
          How many are we talking about ? the original post mentions two on Weitze, 1 on eStand here, and .... other examples on other militaria sites? do you have a few links to these other sites, that would be interesting to see.

I don't believe in the term Caché found or Hoard Find myself at all, when that happens it is usually Hokus Pokus, and used to help sell a bunch of good copies, that's the way it`s been since the first Hoard Find stories going back to the early 1950`s advertised as such in the US magazines.

When a few similar badges are listed by a few dealers at the same time, it could also mean that a collection has just been sold, or also just plain coincidence. I listed about 10 Sympathy stickpins last week, only to see that a friend 6000 miles away has just listed basically almost all of the 10 i did yesterday Mine i have had for a few years, and his just came from a private collection, so plain coincidence, but i guess for those who watch the market and when they see this kinda activity instantly take it to mean that the item is suspect..well..... thats up to them, i guess each to his own.

Comment

well can t say i m particulary impressed with your aggressive pontificating style of answer ! seemed like a simple query to me ! if theres nothing a miss about these badges well fine i don t see how keeping an eye on the available market is a bad thing ! certainly not worth being lectured and talked down to by YOU! have a nice day !

Comment

well can t say i m particulary impressed with your aggressive pontificating style of answer ! seemed like a simple query to me ! if theres nothing a miss about these badges well fine i don t see how keeping an eye on the available market is a bad thing ! certainly not worth being lectured and talked down to by YOU! have a nice day !
              LOL.. seriously ??
              My question was simple; do you have a few links to these other sites, that would be interesting to see. That way i guess we`d have some idea about how many of the same item we are talking about here, 2, 3 or 30 ?
              Yes, it was a simple query, that, if you elaborated on a bit more (links to the others you mentioned) might shed some more light

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X