Is this an early badge?John
    Attached Files

My guess, 1920's?

Cheers
    Brian

Comment

Original and pre-1934. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Brian,Torsten,thank you very much for the confirmation.I bought this from a 'junkshop' about 1971/72,I've had a good feeling about it but did not want to post it on the data base if it was wrong.John

Comment

I have to agree with the guys, a nice early badge

Nick

Comment

Looks fine.

Regards, Wim
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Very nice pre 33 badge!

Comment

ll check when i am on the main pc, i`m sure i have some info on these, as i kinda recognize it from the reverse. I would pass, to me it`s a repro, and shows no traits of being an early one. To me, the pins wrong, the material is wrong, the enamel is too good, the font is too good and not what we find on 1920-1925 made badges. The whole slogan design is just wrong. I am pretty sure that i saved pics of these when they were for sale on either Reddick or blitzkrieg, and numerous ones from ioffer etc.... will add more if and when i find it.

Comment

Sorry to all those who have said this is a nice piece, it`s a fake, plain and simple. Here i show you another badge, also unmarked, the pin is different, but it was made using the same front die. I have a few of them saved, they turn up on ioffer, Militaria-muppetshow, epier, Best-schrott.de and the rest quite often, all the same, all unmarked, and all guaranteed genuine.

The problems are, as i mentioned in my first post, For those of you who have studied the very early and unmarked badges, even the early marked badges, from 1920 untill say 1934, they do not show these traits at all, in short, they were not as nice as this one.

In closing, just to find a Party Badge that is unmarked is a difficult thing to do, and when you do, it wont look like this.

Reverse picture of same fake
                  Front comparison picture of your fake, plus another using the identical die.

(someone feel free to right click images and re-post them here, coz i cant)

I still feel that i know who made these, and have the Original catalog pictures somewhere. In any case, they are found often on the Muck-platforms today.
                  Sorry, but this is the truth, if you chose not to believe it, that's up to you, & you wouldnt be the first.

Comment

The pictures from the links....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Cheers Don.
                      Here is yet another identical one, albeit with a slightly different pin.
                      Any collector of Party Badges (who does research and knows a bit about what he collects) will confirm that, IF you are lucky enough to find an early, unmarked NSDAP membership badge, it will look Unique, and the chances of you finding a second and third that looks identical are next to ZERO.
                      Link:
                      https://www.dkelley.net/Membership_B...er%20NSDAP.htm

Comment

The photo from the link

The photo from link
                        Attached Files

Comment

There is another identical one up for sale at the moment on hood.
                          Pictures are small, but it`s clear from the relationship of the letters (in particular the Dash between the L & S as well as the gap between the S & O that it`s the same one.
                          Picture
                          Auction Link

Comment

You got a damn good eye, Jos Fuess. I see now easy what you means. It's the uniform lettering which is totaly wrong. But this is talking afterwards. And afterwards is most of the time too late.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
                            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I bow down to your superior knowledge Josef , you are a great teacher

Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X