Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-Badge Matched Set of GPBs

Dear friends,

Another friend just sent me this link to a dealer in the UK offering a 3-badge matched set of GPBs: http://www.theoldbrigade.co.uk/shop/shop.php -- what do you think? I may be having a bout of "old-timer's disease" but the small badge bearing "Deschler München" within a box on the reverse looks wrong to me... Am I just mis-remembering, or should the name ONLY exist on the pin plate itself, if there at all?

Your response is important; it may cause me to hang my loup up for good!! Thanks, friends,

Br. James

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
    Dear friends,

Another friend just sent me this link to a dealer in the UK offering a 3-badge matched set of GPBs: http://www.theoldbrigade.co.uk/shop/shop.php -- what do you think? I may be having a bout of "old-timer's disease" but the small badge bearing "Deschler München" within a box on the reverse looks wrong to me... Am I just mis-remembering, or should the name ONLY exist on the pin plate itself, if there at all?

Your response is important; it may cause me to hang my loup up for good!! Thanks, friends,

Br. James
    Everything's fine with the set. Pricey, with the current exchange rate. There is one other 3 piece set being offered at this time, for slightly less.

Good news on the 51792 set: 1) It's attributed; 2) There is one more small Deschler just like the one shown here out there somewhere (alignment of numbers slightly different) ....

Comment

I agree, nice set!

Comment

This set was sold at Kassel to one dealer then to another so the price is already marked up twice

Comment

Here is another 24mm with the same Deschler marking in a cartouche.

Thereafter is my four piece matched set (poor photo) having one of each variety to include the Deschler cartouch marking.
          Attached Files

Comment

Matched 4 piece one each of all of the GPB varieties.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Pepera View Post
              Matched 4 piece one each of all of the GPB varieties.
              That owner must have been a collector himself John

Comment

John,

that's a stunning 4-piece set.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X