Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Oddities

Hi

I seen a stick pin of the 1st. It appears to be sort of a Social Welfare award.
    Also a neat Fritz Todt Robert Ley Cased Medaille for a voyage.

The 2nd is a Political Eagle with a silver content mark,,anyoe seen these before?

Best
    Dion
    Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Ley
      Attached Files
      Iam Uncle Sam
      That’s who Iam
      Been hiding out
      In a rock and roll band

Comment

Dion,

I can't make out what marking is on for that eagle...
        Do you have a close up shot?

The edges seem roughly stamped out and the eagle looks abit "overfed".
        Perhaps an early piece with the static swastika?
        I also notice that it has a non-standard pin type. Perhaps all a little too unusual?

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
          Dion,

I can't make out what marking is on for that eagle...
          Do you have a close up shot?

The edges seem roughly stamped out and the eagle looks abit "overfed".
          Perhaps an early piece with the static swastika?
          I also notice that it has a non-standard pin type. Perhaps all a little too unusual?

Mil
          As I wrote it is a silver content marking ..900

Not to unusual for me Mil, its a nicely detailed piece .

I was thinking early party eagle . I was asking if anyone had one like it so please do not PM me to ask if it is for sale after writing it is unusual on a public thread.

Dion
          Iam Uncle Sam
          That’s who Iam
          Been hiding out
          In a rock and roll band

Comment

Never seen any of these 3 before Dion. I like the early political style eagle,exactly the same as the political plaque sometimes found. also like the 3rd piece,nice looking piece,definatly period IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
              Never seen any of these 3 before Dion. I like the early political style eagle,exactly the same as the political plaque sometimes found. also like the 3rd piece,nice looking piece,definatly period IMO

Was wondering where u were Jon.

1st piece I found as a stick pin in Hermann Historika as some sort of Social Welfare type award. I cannot find a full size version like this one I have . It appears to be on reverse space for engraving.

Eagle appears good to me but never seen 1 like it.

Robert Ley appears to be some sort of mini table medaille , possibly sod on board. Very cool piece.
              Iam Uncle Sam
              That’s who Iam
              Been hiding out
              In a rock and roll band

Comment

I have had the small medallion with the ship in the past. These were souviners of the Strength Through Joy program and were given by Ley.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                  I have had the small medallion with the ship in the past. These were souviners of the Strength Through Joy program and were given by Ley.
                  Iam thinking sold onboard Ron.
                  Iam Uncle Sam
                  That’s who Iam
                  Been hiding out
                  In a rock and roll band

Comment

Based on the title of this thread I thought it would have pictures of you and Jon from his visit.

The first one looks actually like an award piece that was never engraved on the rear. It reminds me quite a bit of several shooting prizes I have seen given out for local shooting competitions albeit a very superior executed piece in quality.

The Todt piece appears to be a souvenir piece either sold or given for a KDF Norway cruise on the then brand new Robert Ley. The trip had many foreign engineers and wives and the trip was used to impress them with the Reich's technological superiority. The trip was hosted by Fritz Todt, hence the reference to him on the reverse. You can find information on this trip in the book "Strength through Joy: consumerism and Mass Tourism in the Third Reich" by Shelley Baranowski on pages 61 and 62. Here's a link to an online copy.

http://books.google.com/books?id=LlJ...echnik&f=false

Richard V

Comment

Dion, take a look at this shooting award on Craig's site. Notice any similarities?
                      Richard V

http://www.craiggottlieb.com/engine/...+Unique+Design

Comment

Hi Rich

Yes, big time! Also interesting someone WAF emailed me saying they had pics of another one as a stickpin. I tried to email back but get mailer daemon!

My buddy found the stickpin on Herm. Historika and said it was described as a welfare pin for helping poor people. The one I got came from a Doctors house and it seemed to make sense. Interesting piece.

Best
                        Dion
                        Iam Uncle Sam
                        That’s who Iam
                        Been hiding out
                        In a rock and roll band

Comment

AT first me and my friend thought it was a fantasy item but on closer inspection we seen it was so well made and seemed period. I think the one on CGM and mine is 100% period. Its to well made and if they were fantasy you would see a ton of them.
                          We also figured if it was for helping poor people someone such as a Doctor would find it trivial to be awarded and not engrave his name,,thats just us. It couldvery well be a shooting award or maybe doubled as a shooting award.

Cheers
                          Dion
                          Iam Uncle Sam
                          That’s who Iam
                          Been hiding out
                          In a rock and roll band

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X