Der Stahlhelm Badge 1922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Der Stahlhelm Badge 1922

Don't remember if I posted this one before or not. What does the engraving signify.....the date awarded or what?

Ron
    [IMG][/IMG]

The engraving includes the unit the Stahlhelm League member served in during WWI -- in this case, "VI. Ns. 35" -- together with the date of presentation: April 2, 1922. Perhaps another viewer can decypher the unit code...?

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      The engraving includes the unit the Stahlhelm League member served in during WWI -- in this case, "VI. Ns. 35" -- together with the date of presentation: April 2, 1922. Perhaps another viewer can decypher the unit code...?

Br. James
      Thank you Br. James.
      Ron

Comment

the engaraving actually means : the date when joined the shb these badges were granted in nov 1933, the top line means the group followed by the town enlisted then the members number.

i will try post a pic to show what i mean as i have doc's with the supporting badges
        Attached Files

Comment

the wf = westfalen the v1 = group ludenscheid

hope that helps

Comment

Chris -- your information supplements my knowledge of these badges, as well -- many thanks!

Br. James

Comment

did my infomation fill in the gaps for you?

Comment

Hi Chris

You certainly broadened my knowledge

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chris clark View Post
                  the top line means the group followed by the town enlisted then the members number.
                  Wf. stands for Westfalen, but that's the state district (LV = Landesverband), not the town, which is Lüdenscheid.

Comment

That's usefull info, Thanks

Comment

My Stahlhelm Badge 1924 is engraved VI No. 1645. I thought that the 'No.' part was short for 'number' but it seems I was wrong.

Comment

Can someone tell me what is denoted by Ns and No on the reverse of the Stahlhelm badges as shown above, and is the maufacturer N&L of the small Stahlhelm badge for wear on civilian dress known? Thanks.

Comment

The "Ns" represents the state district Niedersachsen while the "No" stands for Nordmark; I believe the manufacturer of the small Stahlhelm Member's Badge for civilian wear was "N.&H.” (Noelle & Hueck GmbH, Lüdenscheid) -- at least that is the manufacturer of the example in my collection.

Br. James

Comment

Thank you - and yes of course it is N&H. I recently bought 2 from different online dealers and they were both by the same maker, and now I have spotted a 3rd up for grabs.

I was looking at another thread here where a member was askind aout his small helmet badge which has a 3 digit number stamped on the outside bottom edge of the helmet. I once owned one of these, but parted with it a long time ago. I should heve held onto it I think.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X