Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

desk eagle in for sale section

Hello all,
    I happened to looking through the for sale sections and saw this "SA desk eagle" for sale on the miscellaneous tr section. If I am not mistaken isn't there some question as to originality of these items, particularly the one's without a stand for the back? The pictures are not that great & perhaps the stand is just missing but can't tell from the pics. In any case isn't there some question as to originality of these items? And I believe I just read a thread about these eagles lately but can't find it. If I am mistaken regarding this item my apologies. Here is the thread to the item: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...81#post4454381
    Duzig(Bill)

Dear Bill,

I guess there's always room for questions about the originality of pieces apparently cast in iron, especially if they have rough and unfinished-looking surfaces. This particular piece looks good to me, given the few and inadequate photos, but my question would be to the title: SA Desk Eagle. In the first place, this is an example of the earliest NSDAP eagle and swas design originally sketched out by Hitler himself and was used on all Party publications such as Mein Kampf and the Volkischer Baobachter, and on political uniform caps -- PL, SA, SS, NSKK (early version) -- so what makes this piece particularly "SA?" And secondly, I have seen a few of these pieces with mountings on the reverse that would enable them to be attached to a flat surface such as a wall. How does that relate to a "Desk Eagle?"

Just some thoughts...

Br. James

Comment

Hello,
      Br. James, thanks for your reply. I have seen these items too with a leg that it can stand on and also one's that can be hung on the wall. Am I mistaken though that these items are at least questioned by some as to authenticity? I had read a thread just lately where I believe the answer was still out on these pieces. In any case as I said to the seller, I inquire basically for my own knowledge and hope it helps fellow collectors also. One of the nice things about these forums is the depth of knowledge that can be supplied here.
      regards,
      Duzig(Bill)

Comment

Eagle

Hello All, One thing I can tell you is it is not a desk eagle. I have 2 of these, one is aluminium and the other in iron. And they were recently spoken about as being fakes or questionable on this forum. I believe the one I have that is aluminium is authentic and the iron one exactly like the one you have posted is a fake. I knew a guy from the UK who had these made up, in India where you can take a example of almost anything and get a iron copy of it for around $2.00 each in the 1990's. He had hundreds of them, now I am not saying 100% it is a fake. But you put it all together and add it up. I think I have a fake.
        I too wished I had bookmarked the thread where they were talking about these.
        Can Anyone Help us find that thread ?
        JAck

Comment

Hello all,
          I finally found the recent thread I knew I had seen about these eagles, here it is.
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=488247

It still seems to be somewhat up in the air at least about some of these eagles, if I'm not incorrect it seems that hollow back one's with a leg for standing up might be original? To me there is enough doubt about them that unless I got it for next to nothing I wouldn't buy one.
          Duzig(Bill)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X