Eagle Order III Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle Order III Class

Second opinion is needed on this cross. It supposed being a early III Class of the German Eagle Order, with replaced suspension ring and soldered sword. The low rim shows a "900" silver content. Traces of the soldering of the swords are present in the reverse when watching carefully.
    No better pictures available.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I cannot believe this lack of interest for this decoration. Just 30 visits and no replays in 2 days.
          Maybe I have a mistake about the correct site to posting this thread in the forurm??

Comment

Interesting piece. The swords are crooked but heck, not even the Germans were perfect.

Tom

Comment

Don't like it based on these, eagle heads are very ugly and the golden rim is too wide.

Would need better pictures to be 100% sure.

Here's comparison with a good one from another thread:

Best Regards,

Adren
              Attached Files
              Last edited by adren; 01-18-2011, 10:32 AM.

Comment

The golden rim could also look too wide if the picture is skewed, so cannot say 100% base on these pictures.

Best Regards,

Adren

Comment

At the end some replies are coming.
                  Thank you gentlemen.
                  Please take in account that this one it supposed to be a very early one. So when comparing we must do it with another early one shample in my opinion.
                  Does anyone have one of these early crosses for a comparation?

Comment

Hello Gregorio, I own one of these and posted it donĀ“t remember well where. This is the third one I see of this type (1937 period cross with attached swords).

Comment

Greg, this is one award not in my wheelhouse so I can't be of help on this one. But hopefully those experienced will give you some more guidance.

Comment

This third class of the order of the German Eagle with swords is 100% authentic. It belongs to the 1937 regulation and it was granted to a commander of the Spanish Blue Division.

Gregory did not buy the award because years but later I bought it from the same seller and is part of my collection.

It is a rare German Eagle Order 3St of the first granted, with the ring replaced by loss of the original ring

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X