Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsches Motorsportabzeichen in Gold

Hi there,

does anybody have more information on the Deutsche Motorsportabzeichen in Gold? How many times they have been awarded? Who were the "Träger"?

I used the search function on WAF but couldn't find all infos.

Thanks!

Bleifrei

Bleifrei,
    According to "Fuhrer & Fatherland- Political & Civil Awards" by Angolia-
    The Motor Sports Badge was instituted by Hitler on Feb. 18, 1938. The total number awarded is: 3rd Cl. (Iron) #314; 2nd Cl. (Silver) #93; and 1st Cl. (Gold) is #91.

Yours matches the examples in F&F and in Niemann's books nicely.....incidently.... Detlev puts a value of 3,500 EUs/4,700.00US on the Gold version.
    Hope this answeres your question....
    John G.
    Mainemilitaria

Comment

You dont see those every day!

Nick

Comment

Thank you very much Mainemilitaria for your help. I was aware that this badge hadn't been awarded really often (I thought around 500 times) but 91 pieces is a really good surprise to me.

Best,
        Bleifrei

Comment

NSKK Motor Sports Badge

That's a nice looking badge Bleifrei!

Stan

Comment

Congrats Bleifrei

Comment

Hi
              I have made a job for "Orden und Ehrenzeichen" a magazine for german collectors in 2002 or 2003 : die Träger des Deutschen Motorsportabzeichen in Gold von 1939.
              I will see if I find it in my archives.
              Congrats with this badge
              Cheers

Comment

Gold at Indy

Caroccioli (?sp) awards, to include his Gold Motorsportsabz., are at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum. All donated by his wife to the museum many years ago. His gold badge is on display and is magnificiant along with his other trophies and Mercedes Benz awards. Worth the trip if you are in the area. Large bigger than life picture of him in his dirver's oufit.

Comment

Hello all,

I came across a few in a collection and would like to get some feedback on these German Motor Sports Badge marked for Lauer 1700 on the reverse. I know there are some pieces in the collection that are reproductions but how do the NSKK Motor Sports badges look?

For reference:

http://ailsby-collection.blogspot.co...rts-badge.html

William Kramer
                  Attached Files
                  Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Here is a good one for comparison.

Not sure of the grade since it appears that the finish has worn...

Attached Files
                    RonR

Comment

It is a bit convex on the front and reverse (not flat)..........

Attached Files
                      RonR

Comment

Stunning Ron, as always!!!

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Hello,

Ron´s one is a very nice worn bronce grade - very fine.

@ William: Sorry, but those ones in the reverse pic are copies. The rest of the collection doesn´t look so good as well ...

Best Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

There is a gold original at the Indy Museum from Caracciola, and various Mercedes Benz awards. A beautiful display that everyone should see.

Comment

IMO the two gold one's shown in post #9 and 10 are fake plus one of the silver's. Not too sure about the second silver one though.

These badges should all be very similar sizes (48,4mm wide and 48,9mm high).
                              The bronze weighs 35,5g and the silver and gold 30% more at 44g which is usual.

Here is my trio:

Stan
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X