Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This question may of been asked in the 10 years this thread has been opened. Anyone have an idea how many of these were made? Millions? The reason I ask is the variety of manufacturers for this pin. Did you have to be a member of the party to wear one or did any dick or jane wear them like a Canadian wears a Maple Leaf and an American wears the Stars and Stripes?

Comment

I believe, according to law, that you had to be a member of the NSDAP in order to wear the party badge. Violations could lead to time spent in jail. Slogan and sympathizer badges were not regulated in this way of course.

According to Jo Rivett's The Party Badge book he's estimated a total of 15.1-15.2 million party badges produced from 1920 up until 1945 --- I think that's about as a qualified of an opinion that you'll find on the subject --- if you're interested, get the book... it's a great read!

Comment

Originally posted by slados28 View Post
        I believe, according to law, that you had to be a member of the NSDAP in order to wear the party badge. Violations could lead to time spent in jail. Slogan and sympathizer badges were not regulated in this way of course.

According to Jo Rivett's The Party Badge book he's estimated a total of 15.1-15.2 million party badges produced from 1920 up until 1945 --- I think that's about as a qualified of an opinion that you'll find on the subject --- if you're interested, get the book... it's a great read!
        Thank you slados28! I wonder how many survived after WW2?

Comment

No problem! I cite Rivett as my go to source --- the book is really overflowing with invaluable info on these tiny badges.

I do not know of any organized collective effort to destroy or get rid of these membership badges but I'd guess thousands, if not millions, were discarded immediately post-war. Some recoverable, as evidenced by digging efforts, and probably a lot more destroyed/rendered unrecognizable by other efforts. That said, it's obvious that they are still pretty abundant in numbers but giving any numbers would be nothing but speculation... also these numbers are estimates of the total numbers produced over a span of 25 years, who knows how many were lost /discarded already during the period...

It's a very interesting and quite broad collecting field for sure! Especially considering what at first meets the untrained eye

Comment

Nsdap rzm m1/186 unlisted??

NSDAP Membership Badge - M1/186

a1.jpga2.jpg

I can't find a maker for this one.

Comment

M1/186 is for Biedermann u. Co --- This was the last issued M1 number. Nice badge! A shame about the missing pin though..

Comment

M/105 Hermann Aurich, Dresden. Genuine(?)but my experience is limited...
                Attached Files

Comment

Good one

Comment

Nsdap

Hi all! I'm new to this site and this is actually my first post! so I have what I believe to be an NSDAP pin and this was actually the first piece I ever bought. you will probably see me mostly on the Tinnies & Political Badges Forum because right now all I have is a small collection of medals, pins, and badges.

http://i.imgur.com/8vrHHtL.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by panzerfanzer View Post
                      Hi all! I'm new to this site and this is actually my first post! so I have what I believe to be an NSDAP pin and this was actually the first piece I ever bought. you will probably see me mostly on the Tinnies & Political Badges Forum because right now all I have is a small collection of medals, pins, and badges.

http://i.imgur.com/8vrHHtL.jpg
                      That's a DAF pin.

Comment

My friend has this NSDAP member's badge. Due to the absence of a RZM-code I assume that it's an early one?

I've checked this thread but couldn't find a similar example.

Is it original and when would it be made?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'd say it could have been produced at any point during the period of 1920 - 1933 (from NSDAP badges were first produced up until the beginning of the RZM transitional period). Countless designs out there.

Comment

Originally posted by James Noble View Post
                            jray, You asked what I thought of this badge and I told you from the pictures you provided what my gut feeling was. I have no problem with a single ring RZM mark that's why I didn't mention it in my list of things I felt were wrong with the badge or even a Ges Gesch stamped pin clasp I just don't think it was originally intended for this badge. My biggest problem is with the obverse fonts the
                            "L - S and the 0 O" that you yourself have pointed out. You asked my opinion I gave it. Bottom line here you have it in hand and your happy with it that's all that matters.
                            There is nothing wrong with that badge.
                            Its a nice transitional original.

Comment

Originally posted by panzerguy View Post
                              I usually avoid the zinc ones, just as a matter of taste, but I go "goo goo ga ga" over the yellowing of the painted finish! Kind of like dagger grips changing color over time! Nice, very, very nice.
                              Thats because it was varnished.
                              Some were not so appear white.

Comment

Hi guys. can anyone check this number? and how rare is it? how much it can cost?

1939/2335

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X