This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Pick-up

I picked this one up last week but can't make my mind up as to wether its a fake or not.
    No real markings on the back that I could compare to the first 55 pages of this thread, apart from what looks like a raised 1 on the bottom edge and the 'Ges. Gesch. on the pin retainer.
    The enamel is very dull (early?) but the markings seem clear.
    I also noticed that the 'o's in 'national' and 'sozialistische' appear different which makes me really sceptical!

Anyway, I'll leave this one to the experts here!

BTW this is an amazing thread and absolute bed of knowledge.

Steve
    Attached Files

Comment

Recent Aquisition

....and the back
      Attached Files

Comment

Oops, sorry for the eer...triple post :o/

Comment

Here are four I got today.
          Attached Files

Comment

all are marked: M1/170
            Attached Files

Comment

a
              Attached Files

Comment

Steve,
                You have a very good example of a pre 1934 membership badge, the raised mark on the reverse was used to indicate the top or bottom of the badge to insure the proper alignment for the attachment pin. I will add it to the database list.

helmetbuyers,
                You have four good examples of mid war issued zinc based painted membership badges that also be added to the database lit.

Comment

Many thanks James, I'm glad to hear that my doubts weren't with foundation.

Steve

Comment

I don't collect these, just got some in mixed deals years ago. I believe the "Nun Erst Recht" is a fake, but not totally sure. The marks are suspect I believe. The backs are mixed up, tge bright NSDAP is M1/34, the painted one is M1/158, the dull NSDAP is M1/151, the Nun Erst Recht is RZMand Ges Gesch M1/4 and the Hitler Bewegung is Ges Gesch abd a B in a circle.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here are the reverse sides, as listed above. Please excuse lousy typing and upside-down scans!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I also believe the Nun Erst Recht and Hitler Bewegung badges are both repro’s due to poor quality of the red enamel it shouldn’t be puffed up around the lettering like these two examples just my opinion. I do like both the M1/151 and M1/158 membership badges but I would like to see a better picture of the M1/34 badge before making a comment on it.

Comment

Thank you for your comments. I know next to nothing about these, so it is very helpful. Here is the M1/34, please let me know if this is also a fake.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The reverse of the M1/34. Is this a known fakers code?
                            Thanks again.
                            Attached Files

Comment

M1/34 is the RZM code number for Karl Wurster a well known maker. I have looked at just three badges in the database with that same number and none of them looked like the one you have I will post one of them here so you can see how different the shape of the fonts used on your badge is to the others also the overall finish on the one you have has the look of a chemically aged finish. Personally if I were offered this badge I would pass on it. I just want say again this is just my opinion.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you James, it is nice to know. I had no expectations one way or another, these came as part of another deal years ago, just thought it would be helpful to know. Thanks to you all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 17 users online. 0 members and 17 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X