SS pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS pins

Were these pins based on any real pins or are they pure modern fantasy?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

In fact this horrible large thing is pure phantasy. What does exist is a small stickpin called SS zivilabzeichen. This membership, pin with a bit the same front design as that bugger, was black enamel with silvered SS siegrunes in the centre. They were only made by Hoffstätter and Otto Gahr and both are marked a such. There is no RZM mark on these original badges. Can't picture one of mine here because am not a paying member but there are plenty here showed by others. There is also a huge difference between the two makers.
    The Hoffstätter is like a common car, while the Otto Gahr is more like a Mercedes or BMW.

Regards, Wim
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

The first I remember seeing these was about 1999 or so on ebay. Unless it's 10 bucks or so, save your money!

Al

Comment

Originally posted by rbno View Post
          The first I remember seeing these was about 1999 or so on ebay. Unless it's 10 bucks or so, save your money!

Al
          1999 ? They have been around for nearly 40 years now, this is why some of them have a really nice patina. See ► THIS THREAD ◄ for info of where and when they originated.

Pure Fantasy, but unfortunately still selling for up to €500.- on sites like original-militaria-com and on thirdreichdepot.com, to mention only a few....

Comment

Originally posted by rbno View Post

Al
            Here are the two i mentioned, The first sold for €475.- (USD 650.- today, but this sold in early 2009 when the xchange rate made this $750.-)
            LINK to Fantasy item
            I see that he has taken the reverse picture off his site, but i grabbed it in 2009. It can be viewed ► HERE

Then there is the one at Thirdreichdepot ► HERE ◄ sold for $500.- 2 years ago.

IMHO, If you buy this kind of cr4p BEFORE you do your homework, you deserve to loose every penny and MORE !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X