Efoplast & Efoleder Appreciation Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efoplast & Efoleder Appreciation Society

I have had a good number of these types of badges going through my hands over the years, but I do not think that anyone has ever really started a thread specifically for Efoplast and Efoleder badges ... so, here it is. Show your's. Cheers, Torsten.

1st Efoplast - Kreistag NSDAP Hildesheim 1939
    Attached Files

2nd Efoleder - NSDAP Gautag Ost Hannover 1937
    Attached Files

Comment

Efoplast and Efoleder

Hello torstenbel

Can you tell us what it means, Efoplast and Efoleder.
      I have a few pieces marked like that myself.
      Jack

Comment

Originally posted by dolchmann07 View Post
        Hello torstenbel

Can you tell us what it means, Efoplast and Efoleder.
        I have a few pieces marked like that myself.
        Jack
        Hi Jack, it is the name of the artificial material that the badges are made from. Cheers, Torsten.

PS: Please show what you have ...

Comment

Der SA Gruppe Sachsen

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi David, thank you for showing ... anyone for anymore? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Efoplast and Efoleder and Nitroplast

Hello torstenbel,
                I have not and probably will not have any time soon to go through my cases.
                But I did have this one on my desk to be filed later, does Nitroplast count ???
                I appreciate you helping us on this Thread.
                Jack
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jack, Nitroplast counts of course .... another artificial material used by the same badge manufacturer and I should really have included it here ... although, I do not come across it as often as Efoplast, which appears to be the most common in my experience. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Torsten

What do you think this SA event badge has been manufactured from?

It does not show the Efoplast, Efoleder or Nitroplast marks although it looks rather similar to Efoplast and I wonder if it could be some form of variation material. It does not appear to be plastic and instead, perhaps resin impregnated compressed paper or card ?

Regards,

David
                    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse

Not the most "in simpatico" replaced pin !
                      Attached Files

Comment

SA tinnie

David, Just from the looks of that I think it is made of pressed paper.
                        the ones Torsten is talking about seem to be more of a pressed plastic fiber with a heavy coat of lacquer on them.
                        but they too have a paper feel to them, just a little stiffer than the pressed paper tinnies. And I think the paper ones if they got wet could fall apart while the Notroplast I showed and the Efoplast, Efoleder would not be damaged by water. Still a very nice SA tinnie, in my mind I always consider pressed paper, cloth and cardboard tinnies at a higher value than most collectors, just because they breakdown due to the elements. And did not survive as well as the metal ones.
                        Even with the replaced pin it is nice. I know I am not Torsten, but I am part of the peanut gallery.
                        Enjoy,
                        Jack

Comment

Hi Dave, as Jack has already said, I also think that your badge is made from pressed cardboard and not from a material from the EFO family. I believe that the EFO materials were a registered trademark material by EO Friedrich. I have only ever seen EO Friedrich made EFO badges. I also assume that the EFO is made up from the initial of EO Friedrich, but I have never found any proof anywhere to substantiate this. What would be great is, if someone had an EO Friedrich catalogue to show from the late 1930s ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Yes card or treated paper, and hard to find with the original pin
                            Regards
                            Mametz

Comment

Thankyou for confirming what this badge is made from.

Regards,

David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X