Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSDAP membership badge for Austrians prior to the Anschluss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP membership badge for Austrians prior to the Anschluss!

This badge looks like the standard NSDAP membership badge, but is a little larger. It has "NSDAP- Land Oestter.Hitler Bewegung" aroud it.Which means NSDAP-state of Austria-Hitler movement, it has on the back"Ges.Gesch." and maker mark "B".
    Hope you find this an interesting varient of the Nazi party badge.
    Servus,
    Josef
    Attached Files

Josef,

Nice pin. Although supposedly rare (only about 2000 produced according to J.R. Cone), they show up regularly on various sites here in the US. There is currently one listed on Manion's Auction site with a reserve of $100.
    OMSA #6582

At my age, "getting lucky" is finding my car in the parking lot.

Comment

Thanks,
      I got this badge in a Gebirgsjaeger uniform & badge group in Graz, Austria a few years ago. I didn't realize that they were so rare!

Comment

Josef, Is this pin for membership in the NSDAP or a supporters pin......jnoble

Comment

Here's mine

Another pin I bought thinking "repro". There are subtle differences in the lettering job between mine and the one above.

Note the "B" in a circle! B?
          Attached Files
          -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

I am Austrian from Wien, this badge was membership of the NSDAP, Land Oesterreich, meaning for austrian members of the NAZI party. it was banned from 1934, after the DollfuB attentatt in 1934, until the AnschluB in 1938.
            I think this badge could be made around 1933, when Hitler took power in germany.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
            X