Silver 1933 Reichsparteitag badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver 1933 Reichsparteitag badge

What do you think the chances are that there will be a Silver 1933 RPT badge for sale at the MAX show this weekend? It's on my list of items to search for.

And any suggestions on a price range for something like this?

Originally posted by Nische View Post
    What do you think the chances are that there will be a Silver 1933 RPT badge for sale at the MAX show this weekend? It's on my list of items to search for.

And any suggestions on a price range for something like this?
    be careful with these badges. There are some originals, but the ones marked .1000 silver content always bothered me due to the fact that that they couldn't have been 100% silver, because that would have made the badge way too soft. The Blood Order was .990 and later .800 which was more durable.

Comment

If you dont mind me asking, why the 1933 RPT? The '29 variant seems to be the most desirable.

Comment

Nüremberg Badges

Here are my 1929/1933 badges although I have now upgraded the 1929 in silver.

As you will see, the 1933 in silver is marked 1000 (not .1000) and my friend Erich and I disagree about these badges although the truth is, like many TR awards, no-one really knows the answer. All I know is that Silver badges were indeed awarded to Ehrenhalber (VIP's) and Hierl wore one on his uniform. Whether or not it was marked "1000" I do not know. Anyway, I think that you will agree it is a beautiful piece.

Stan
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Stan; 09-29-2010, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Hi Stan, a very attractive grouping to be sure! I stand corrected regarding the .1000 silver content. My only concern is why the silver badges were marked 1000. The quality of your silver badge is top notch in every way, and another question we will never know the answer to. I really do really like your 29 badges! Best, Erich

Comment

Thanks for your replies and photo posts Stan and Erich. I've been lucky enough to find two 1933 RPT badges, both solid back, MM. But, seeing the silver version really got my attention. Yours are exceptionally nice pieces.

Funny that you've also posted your HJ Potdam badges. That particular badge is also on my list of things to find, and I think my chances are good this weekend at the MAX.

I do have a 29 silver badge. Hollow, MM that I bought a year or so ago from Germanwarbooty.com.

I love them all, but you know that desire to add more...

Comment

Nuremberg badges

Here is the upgrade for the 1929 in silver. Same size of course as the other one but in much better condition. I have wanted one like this ever since seeing an identical one in Chris Ailsby's collection which came from David Littlejohn.

Weitze has one for sale at the moment just like it.

Stan
              Attached Files

Comment

My silver 29 badge like Stan's and a hallow 33 badge which are harder to find than the solid versions.
                Attached Files

Comment

33 badge
                  Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to post my favorite silver 29 badge attached to a cool silver cup that I picked up from a fellow forum member.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very, very nice. Wish me luck this weekend at the MAX. (Silver 33 RPT and/or 32 HJ Potsdam badge)

Comment

moved to another thread

Comment

Interesting pricing from the RZM dated 28 September 1933:

Festabzeichen "Reichsparteitag 1933"

Massive (solid) Ausfuhrung RM 1,-
                          Flache (hollow back?) Ausfuhring RM -,50

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X