Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RARE REICHSPARTEITAG 1929 badge in its CASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RARE REICHSPARTEITAG 1929 badge in its CASE!

Hi,

I would like to show you this real beauty. I never saw the original case with it. I rate this complete and mint set as "very rare".
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry to say that your badge is a fake. These cased examples were being sold by a dealer in the UK. There are many problems with your badge, including that the Eagle and lettering are incorrect, along with the badge lacking the detail of originals. The case is also incorrect including the color of the lining. Original cased 29 badges are very rare and most that you see on the market are like yours.

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here is an original from my collection, so that you can see the many differences between the two badges.
          Attached Files

Comment

I will quit collecting. I can not believe, that the fakers are doing such a good quality, also on cases...

Comment

Erich is right I'm afraid. There is a German forum that mentioned the same thing. A certain dealer had suddenly several of these cased examples available.

Regards, Wim
              Freedom is not for Free

Comment

There is even a fake cased example in Johnson's War Booty Book, so many collectors have been fooled by these badges. Mine came from a Vet from a Hotel buy.

Comment

Originally posted by m-e-h-t View Post
                  I will quit collecting. I can not believe, that the fakers are doing such a good quality, also on cases...
                  I did not had doubts on Erich`s statement. I only meant, that these ones are so well done, a hand inspection alone is not enough, it passed mine without problems.
                  Only camparision with known originals brings it out. That can scare collectors. You cannot buy on markets or shows from not 100% good sources. You always need references.....

Comment

Originally posted by m-e-h-t View Post
                    I did not had doubts on Erich`s statement. I only meant, that these ones are so well done, a hand inspection alone is not enough, it passed mine without problems.
                    Only camparision with known originals brings it out. That can scare collectors. You cannot buy on markets or shows from not 100% good sources. You always need references.....
                    Mecht, a lot have been fooled by these badges along with the GPB that you posted. You really have to study these badges and try and handle as many originals as possible to see the many differences. After seeing my example, I'm sure you can see the many differences between the two. I have studied the 29 badges and they're one of my collecting interests. Best, Erich

Comment

Erich can you post a bigger pic of yours so we can see the difference
                      also who was the Uk dealer who sold these
                      Regards
                      Mametz

Comment

Originally posted by mametz View Post
                        Erich can you post a bigger pic of yours so we can see the difference
                        also who was the Uk dealer who sold these
                        Regards
                        Mametz
                        Maybe this shot is better to see the detail.
                        Sorry, I don't have the name of the UK Dealer. I do remember though that he did sell them as repros. After that, dishonest dealers sold them as original.
                        Attached Files

Comment

here's a shot of the case. Notice also the color difference.
                          Attached Files

Comment

One last point, there are certain die flaws in the MM on the reverse that I have yet seen on the fakes.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                              A picture is worth a thousand words, so here is an original from my collection, so that you can see the many differences between the two badges.
                              Erich, what a beautiful badge. Is that hair i'm seeing there in the box?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X