Thanks for looking !
    Thanks, Hakan
    Attached Files

+++

+++
    Attached Files

Comment

Did the eagle get decapitated ?

I have seen these usually on the ribbon bands, and the miniature badge on a pin.

I am looking forward to learn more about this piece.

Comment

Haken,

Should be a good one IMO.

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

This is the response I gave to Andy B. and perhaps he can post the image in question. I would also be interested in further elaboration

"That NSDAP-pin is difficult to destinguish and I can't remember having seen it in any reference books. BUT, there are lots of stuff we still don't know about. The enclosed image illustrates 3 different sets of the ribbon-bar device for customs i.e the regular type on the bar (but with cut-outs!), the same without the bar and solid just like a 4th I've on a 5-piece ribbon-bar, and finally a differently designed with pin (no pebbled background and much lighter bronze colour). I've also seen the silver Polizei ribbon-bar device in stickpin form and believe these latter two types of stickpins more than likely could have been intended as member-pins. As for the NSDAP it doesn't make logic though, as they had a member-pin of their own. Sorry, but this is the best I can do and we need to keep on digging."

cheers
          Peter

Comment

der-hase-fee, no the eagle has not been decapitated
            the head on the eagle is approx 1,5-2 mm wide so there is a lack of detail
            on this bird offcourse and the angle on the photo dosent help either !
            I have never seen one before either exept the on RonR posted in this tread, thanks for that Ron. I have had a button hole version that looked exactly the same as this, spot on.
            Peter you are so right, the is much out there to learn and discover
            Thanks for your inputs, much appriciated !
            Cheers, Hakan

Comment

We are constantly learning!

I have acquired a number of these stickpins through the years from various sources, and I must say they lack the detail of the devices from the ribbon bars, but perhaps they are indeed meant to be a substitute for the NSDAP Long Service Award when wearing civil clothing.

Attached Files
              RonR

Comment

To compare with the ribbon bar devices:

Attached Files
                RonR

Comment

Again:

Attached Files
                  RonR

Comment

I noticed the difference in / lack of detail on the ribbon bar devices 10 vs. 25 years; certainly the breast feathers being one example. Is this reason for concern ? Have seen it discussed as an indication to authenticity on another forum.

Comment

Sorry I'm late to the thread (thanks Peter for sending the link)

I just picked up one of these pins on the estand. When I first saw it, I thought it might be a 10yr pin. It is a little soft in detail, but it sure seems to have similar characteristics. I will also attach my NSDAP ribbon bars....
                      Andy
                      Attached Files
                      Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

and my ribbon bars.....

Andy

I really don't have anything to add research wise. But I am interested in what others think of these pins. Seems plausable what was stated in the begining that they are pins for civilian wear.
                        Attached Files
                        Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

Couple more comparisons from a wartime era board probably made by a student.

Attached Files
                          RonR

Comment

Closer:

Attached Files
                            RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X