Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ rune on e-stand

Hello,

On e-stand is a DJ round on wool for sale.
    In my opinion this is a patch made by the US company the Patch King for collectors (could be ww2 though!)

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=450218

Any opinions?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dmv; 07-23-2010, 09:39 AM.

First I've heard of patch king making these. I've got one so I would be interested to know more also. Is there a link to an old catalog picture or something somewhere? I've searched but can't find one.

Edit, did find some examples of "patch king" stuff and agree that it looks pretty similar to some of them. Mine came from Collectors Guild.

Comment

Here's another for sale at Victory Militaria. The price tag rememenant concerns me a little on this one. Is that a Patch King price tag?

http://www.victorymilitaria.com/inve...&productId=872
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I believe so, all similair in construction. Notice the price tag reads "C" for (dollar-)cents!

If you have the book German military cuffbands (Bender publishing) you'll see that the Reproduction chapter starts with these patch king patches, already produced before the wars end. In the photo in the book there is a DJ sigrune displayed.

See also this thread on the Us Militaria forum:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...st=40&start=40
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the information. I got mine from the Collectors Guild. That sucks.

Comment

Was it much? It's the backing that is the big giveaway on this one! Typical of US (ww2) wool patch manufacturing. You won't see that on German insignia.
            Last edited by Dmv; 07-23-2010, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I paid 55 USD. I wonder if I can send it back. Just found the invoice for it. I've also mailed Kevin a link to this thread. I know him personally and he would not sell a questionable item as a good one if he were aware there were any issues with it.

Comment

I also PM'd him.

But hey, don't forget these are interesting in my opinion, since they are actually period made!

I would keep it as a novelty item and the story that's behind it. Although 55 is too much.

Comment

I recieved a nice email from Peter at the Collectors Guild. He has offered to take the one I bought from him back for a refund.

Comment

Do you have proof that these were "period made" , that is to say made pre-1945 ? ?? Does that catalog have a date on it ? I know they were made in the 1940's, but I don't believe in the early 40's, they were made for sure in the late 40's, so when the guy said he bought 'em in the 40's he was correct, but not pre-45. I have the same catalog ( just leaflets ) & the postmark looks like 1948, another 1949. I am 69 yrs old & remember buying some of that stuff thru the mail when around 8-9 yrs old, from a business in Far Rockaway, NY, called International Collections, I think the name prior to that was "The Insignia Collectors Club".
                    I bought the brite blue H.Goring cuffband, the brite green Afrikakorps cuffband, a nicely made swastika armband, a couple of printed SS cufftitles, an SS 8-yr. medal that was horrid, with a blue ribbon with orange runes ,& some other beauties long forgotten.

Comment

Update. Peter at the Collectors Guild refunded my money upon arrival of my return.

Comment

Originally posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
                        Update. Peter at the Collectors Guild refunded my money upon arrival of my return.
                        Good to hear Darin

Very commendable of Peter , I always get good service off that guy

Nick

Comment

What a intersting Thread!
                          I presume that those early american Repro Badges is a very exciting Field of Collecting I like thhat "Comic-Style"

BEST REGARDS

Andy

Comment

This one is up on ebay US at the moment. Appears to be another Patch King item.
                            Attached Files

Comment

New member;
                              Thanks for the education

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X