Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help IDing these badges please

Hello,
    Can someone please tell me what these are? I do not collect German items, and I told a friend I would help him figure them out.

Also, are they "real"?

Any help would be great. thank you very much!!
    Attached Files

backs
    Attached Files

Comment

I believe the middle one is a fantasy badge, no idea on the other two. Though the aging on the reverse of the red bordered one looks contrived.
      Pete

Comment

the two smaller ones are nskov badges , a war veteran association i think

Comment

I won't comment on the authenticity of the badges for fear of sticking my foot in it because I have never seen these before other than in a book. The 2 outer ones are NSKOV honour badges (Ehrenzeichen) and can be found in Heering-Huesken catalogue of badges/pins on page 90/91. The one in the middle is a legit badge for the German Red Cross Alpine Rescue Service - again, Heering-Huesken page 79 for the listing and page 83 for the illiustration. If they are real they are worth a few bucks. I'll let the real experts comment more.

Comment

Hello,
            I believe as Pete has said the middle badge for alpine rescue is considered a fantasy badge. The other two I don't know enough about to say anything other than as already stated they are NSKOV honor badges. If you do a search on the forum I believe there was at least one thread dealing with the red cross badge and consensus was the badge never existed.
            Duzig(Bill)

Comment

Hi Bill,

as Curt already pointed out Heering Huesken shows this Alpine Rescue badge as HH5601dt. Are Heering Huesken wrong? I have never had one of those badges, but the one shown here does look convincing to me. Can anyone show one of the known fakes of this type of badge to compare? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

There are several fake & fantasy pieces in Hüsken's catalogue (including his latest one).

One point to remember is that the Red Cross would never have allowed the Swastika to be placed on the cross itself. Note known original DRK badges, the Swastika is alway either on the eagle, or on the black border of the badge, never the cross.

Cheers
                Don

Comment

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post
                  There are several fake & fantasy pieces in Hüsken's catalogue (including his latest one).

Cheers
                  Don
                  Hi Don, that is bad news, as I just ordered his new book from him yesterday . Does anyone have a list of the phantasy pieces contained in his book so that I can mark them accordingly in my book? Or if you do not wish to show openly which badges are bad, please drop me a PM or email ... I would be quite keen to update my new copy of the book with this information. Thanks. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Don't worry too much Torsten. All books have errors & it's still an excellent publication & worth having.....

I'll PM you later when I am home & have the book in front of me.

Cheers
                    Don

Comment

Hi Don, not too worried to be honest, as I think that the Heering Huesken is an excellent book overall and is probably the most useful of all of the reference books that I own .... just good to know what is wrong within it of course. Thanks for your help. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Id

Not to change the subject, but where can the book "Heering Huesken"
                        be found to buy.
                        Thanks to anybody that responds.
                        Jack

Comment

Originally posted by dolchmann07 View Post
                          Not to change the subject, but where can the book "Heering Huesken"
                          be found to buy.
                          Thanks to anybody that responds.
                          Jack
                          Direct from the man himself:

http://www.huesken.com/shop/de/organ...945-51990.html

Heering has been dropped from this edition so it's only Hüsken now. However, please remember it is only a catalogue showing the fronts of badges that either he has had through his shop, or images that collectors have sent him.

This latest edition is in colour though.

Cheers
                          Don
                          Last edited by Don Scowen; 07-13-2010, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X