Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Rare Tinnies Opinions Please

Guys,
    As the value of tinnies goes up and down, its always hard to come up with price when asked on value and rarity, so I`m coming to my fellow tinnie collectors for their input. I`d like to get an idea of the value on these 2 tinnies. I`ve seen the range vary on one of them as much as $60.00
    Thanks for any and all help
    Attached Files

tinnie

pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Chris As a tinnie collector who flies only with my tattered Fox-hole books for ID purposes I can only say this......flight tinnies are valuable and popular and $60 is a low price. I haven't seen that one before and others which I have seen on more than one occasion sell for more. NSBO of course is not any way near as popular even though that one is rare but I doubt a general tinnie collector would put out a lot for it. Labor collector maybe but they are not abundant. Using no reference as to value other than mere opinion, I would do $90 on flight and start at $60 on labor. No dealers to reference? Again only my humble and instinctual opinion. Take care Robert

Comment

Robert has put it very well and the only thing I can add is what Tieste says in his books...

Neustadt 32-01 flight tinnie - listed at 70 Euros - often flight tinnies go for more than Tieste

Westfalen 33-02 NSBO tinnie - listed at 45 Euros and apparently comes in bronze + silver

Comment

tinnies

Guys,
          Thanks for your input. Has anyone bought one of these lately, and maybe what a collector might value them as, not based on the reference books (as I`ve said before, I too, only use these books as base guides) Thanks again and hope to hear from other collectors

PS,
          Robert,
          As far as looking at dealers sites, I always like to get opinions here first. Good people with alot of knowledge to share. Kind of to get a first hand feel of collectors opinions. Then I`ll hit the dealers sites. Thanks for the suggestion though!!
          Last edited by Chris Lee; 07-07-2010, 12:52 PM.

Comment

tinnie

Originally posted by burgerhaus View Post
            Chris As a tinnie collector who flies only with my tattered Fox-hole books for ID purposes I can only say this......flight tinnies are valuable and popular and $60 is a low price. I haven't seen that one before and others which I have seen on more than one occasion sell for more. NSBO of course is not any way near as popular even though that one is rare but I doubt a general tinnie collector would put out a lot for it. Labor collector maybe but they are not abundant. Using no reference as to value other than mere opinion, I would do $90 on flight and start at $60 on labor. No dealers to reference? Again only my humble and instinctual opinion. Take care Robert
            FYI,
            The NSBO was the tinnie I saw that had such a vast range in price and actually it was like $75.00 being the lowest and $135.00 the highest, which to me is quite a range!!!

Comment

Originally posted by burgerhaus View Post
              I think that Robert's values are a good indication, maybe a little high on both of them in terms of being able to sell them quickly, but it's about the right range. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

tinnie

I just found the Flug tinnie on Weitze`s website for 120 euros. Is his stuff considered high?

Comment

2 tinnies

I always considered his prices high, but you are paying for his expertise and his shelter and food. I value his expertise.
                  And his guarantee is always good, I have only met him and not bought from his websight.
                  But for what it is worth he is one of the good guys. IMO.
                  Jack

Comment

Originally posted by dolchmann07 View Post
                    I always considered his prices high, but you are paying for his expertise and his shelter and food. I value his expertise.
                    And his guarantee is always good, I have only met him and not bought from his websight.
                    But for what it is worth he is one of the good guys. IMO.
                    Jack
                    I agree, his prices are high, but there is nothing wrong with the man. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X