Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same mm, different layout? estand

All,

I am looking into a NSDAP party pin on the estand and I have found something that is throwing me off. The pin is maker marked M1/90 at the bottom, and with RZM maker at the top.
    The curveball is that there is a M1/90 in the nsdap pp database and they dont match very closely at all. RZM mm and m1/90 mm are in different locations.
    So the question is has anybody seen this before? Im assuming its the same manufacturer/factor so shouldnt they be identical?

Here's the estand;
    http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...d.php?t=439491

Here's the database; (page 65)
    http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=49187

Any opinions and knowledge would be appreciated!

Regards

Welcome to the forum Axel,
    One possibility to take into consideration is that over time due to ware or damage to the die it had to be replaced and the new one was made by a different die maker and he changed the placement of makers mark and logo.

Comment

Thanks James, glad to hear from one of the authorities on this.
      So the authenticity should be ok Im assuming? I know the pictures arent the best but from what I can gather it looks ok, but thats coming from a relatively green collector like myself with only a short amount of research in this area.
      Again appreciate your thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by James Noble View Post
        Welcome to the forum Axel,
        One possibility to take into consideration is that over time due to ware or damage to the die it had to be replaced and the new one was made by a different die maker and he changed the placement of makers mark and logo.
        Interesting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X