Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estand NSDAP & DVG pins?

WAF,

There is a pair of NSDAP and DVG party pins that just went on the estand and I'm thinking of purchasing them but would like to see if some of the authorities on the subject, perhaps, James Noble, could chime in and help me validate them.
    I have a concern or two but they might be nothing as I'm not an expert;

http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...d.php?t=445757

NSDAP
    -Ges Gesch maker?
    -no centering ring around the attach point?

DVG
    seems ok?

Thanks everyone in advance

Axel

The DVG looks good IMO. The party pin is supposed to be an early full written maker marked one and is marked Ges. Gesch. both on the planchet and the pin plate as far as I can see on the relative bad pictures.

Regards, Wim
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I agree with Wim, the DVG looks good. The pictures are hard to make out details on the party pin. for some reason the font looks a little weird, but could be the lighting/photo

Comment

Appreciate the input guys.
        I agree with you on the DVG and also not being able to make out the maker name on the early NSDAP. I spent almost 3 hours referencing the entire database with no matches anywhere except its def an early one, but I dont think it quite rules it out yet.
        I asked for more pictures and what the makers mark was, and all I got back was that those were the best (2) pictures he can give, and they're 100% authentic.
        Thats it.
        I am pretty serious about being as confident as possible on buys, I'm ify about the unwillingness to work with a buyer but I have been wanting some of these for awhile and the price is right, should I go for it or wait for more to come around?

Thx

A

Comment

Every so often there are some nice badges that turn up on Estand. Don't buy anything YOU don't feel comfortable buying. Do a search under that thread for nsdap and there are some other badges for sale. Another place ypu can go on this forum, allow you to check out members that had positive experiences with sales from other members. I have had great experiences with every transaction on Estand so far.

check out this link to the "Trusted Sellers" on the forum http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/FORU...d.php?t=371903

Comment

I beleive they are both good. Maker on PP is also Redo Saarlouis. I would be curious as to where the WWII vet picked them up. Saar possibly? I have never seen a PP with that maker name on the reverse. Remember
            also the e-stand return policy. That will make things a tad easier. Hope this helps. Robert

Comment

Thanks for all the good info.

And good eye burgerhaus I definitely see the Saar maker mark now. I double checked the database ges gesch's and there is not yet a Saar NDSAP so maybe its a rare example.

A

Comment

Originally posted by Axel Parabellum View Post
                Thanks for all the good info.

And good eye burgerhaus I definitely see the Saar maker mark now. I double checked the database ges gesch's and there is not yet a Saar NDSAP so maybe its a rare example.

A
                If it's a good one then it is pretty rare! I'm aware of some 8 full maker market types by heart. Always be carefull with Redo: they were very busy guys and produced well after the war. Only better picture can clear this out. If it's a good one then it's a very rare example, but I wouldn't buy without seeing a close-up.

Regards, Wim
                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X