2 Tinnies Breslau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Tinnies Breslau

Are these OK? Pretty sure they are but nice to get the thumbs up from others.

Looks like good ones to me.

Comment

OK

Comment

Chers gents. I believe the SA is a nice, rare and early one.

Comment

Well the metal one illustrated in Tieste is cut out around the eagle and the date and the city name.
          Pete

Comment

I assume there are variants - what do the experts say? I am sure it's not a fake.....

Comment

The copy of Tieste's that I have shows the badge with no cut outs just like the one shown here.

Comment

Breslau 1933

I do not think that it is a rare badge, however it is impressive in design.

My edition of Tieste (2006) shows the badge with cut out sections and also mentions that it is known in "bronze" and "silver".

The badge that I have being the same as the one which started the thread.

Regards,

David
                Attached Files

Comment

tinnies

Both are excellent. Well done in your choice

Comment

Originally posted by James Noble View Post
                    The copy of Tieste's that I have shows the badge with no cut outs just like the one shown here.
                    Interestingly the newest edition of Tieste only illustrates the cut out version but I have both
                    Attached Files

Comment

and the cut out/durchbrochen version...not sure about the reddish colouring but I did get it from a reliable source
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks gents - interesting.

Comment

Well as I don't have one its difficult to say, I know they have been reproduced. I am pretty sure that Holgars first one is a Polish fake, and the second has the oddest pin for a tinnie.
                          unfortunatly the link I had for the Polish maker (faker) is defunct. It was www.azzie.biz
                          Pete

Comment

Here are some better pics. Any sensible ideas how to clean the green stuff off? I was thinking some oil-based substance and a toothbrush?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

quote=Wood Well as I don't have one its difficult to say, I know they have been reproduced. I am pretty sure that Holgars first one is a Polish fake, and the second has the oddest pin for a tinnie.

I meant Curts badges Not Holgars.
                              As for the one with the odd pin, there are some for sale in the Bazaar section (A lot of Repro 116 items)

Pete

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X