Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ enamel pin ... original?

Hello

A friend here in Adelaide has asked me to check this enamel badge with you ... it's right out of my expertise ... I would appreciate your thoughts. I'm sorry that the pic of the reverse isn't too sharp!
    Thanks
    Paul

Probably someone can be more definitive, and I'll probably be throwing out more questions than answers at this point, but here goes. Most original examples that I've seen had sun rays that were pretty much the same width (rather than distinctly wedge shaped, as in this example) and the strokes of the lettering were wider. The RZM mark on this one appears to be very non-standard, though it may just look distorted in the photo. Initially, I would have said this shouldn't even have an RZM mark because this was a very early insignia and pre-RZM. However, after digging a little deeper, it looks like this might have been used later on as a tradition badge for pre-1932 members, which means that any such reissues would likely have been RZM marked.

Comment

Paul, Here's a picture of HJ-TRADITIONAL Badge 1932 I have that IM pretty sure is authentic it shows the type of sun rays VerKuilen is talking about as well as the font width used in the lettering. As to the duel markings on the reverse personally I don't care for them but I do know they are found on badges made in late 34 early 35 when the RZM mark came into use.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much for responding James and VerKuilen .. I'll pass on your info to my friend here.

Cheers
        Paul

Comment

where did you find that it may have been issued as a tradition badge VweKuilen?

Originally posted by Paul Williams
          Thank you very much for responding James and VerKuilen .. I'll pass on your info to my friend here.

Cheers
          Paul

Comment

Mike, Kai Winkler has one listed on his website # 2869 it's listed has a HJ Traditionsabzeichen (für Angehörige Vor 1932) it's also in R.Kahl's book Insignia, Decorations and Badges of the Third Reich he also calls it the same way.

Comment

ok...ill bite...just never heard of that.i have to say with that information i think this pin is fine...i have seen screwed up RZM marks before...wish Frobler was around, i remember he did a big article on the different variations.
              mike
              http://enamelsofwar.homestead.com

Originally posted by jnoble
              Mike, Kai Winkler has one listed on his website # 2869 it's listed has a HJ Traditionsabzeichen (für Angehörige Vor 1932) it's also in R.Kahl's book Insignia, Decorations and Badges of the Third Reich he also calls it the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pinkus
                ok...ill bite...just never heard of that.i have to say with that information i think this pin is fine...i have seen screwed up RZM marks before...wish Frobler was around, i remember he did a big article on the different variations.
                mike
                http://enamelsofwar.homestead.com
                Mike, I second that as to missing Frobler the loss of the information he provided on his website is sorely missed in the collecting community.

Comment

Where is Frobler?

Originally posted by jnoble
                  Mike, I second that as to missing Frobler the loss of the information he provided on his website is sorely missed in the collecting community.
                  Not wanting to divert away from the subjest of the thread, but has anyone heard anything from Frobler recently. His website was superb and taught me a great deal, its a shame its gone. I just hope everything is okay with him.

Comment

Here's another style:

Comment

rev

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X