aufmarsch sa gruppe hansa tinnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aufmarsch sa gruppe hansa tinnie

i am unsure of this one what say you guys ? every other example i have seen has had a dull finnish but this one is pretty good
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SLIM; 05-14-2010, 02:03 PM.

SA Tinnie

It's funny - I used to have a badge exactly like this, but I can't remember if the writing said the same thing. Mine was more of a natural darker brass color. In other words, it looked like most early brass tinnies that look brown. This is either an example that hasn't tarnished, or it's been replated.

Comment

Good tinny but has been treated with something and shined up,
      the original finish is a darker bronze
      Regards
      Mametz

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
        It's funny - I used to have a badge exactly like this, but I can't remember if the writing said the same thing. Mine was more of a natural darker brass color. In other words, it looked like most early brass tinnies that look brown. This is either an example that hasn't tarnished, or it's been replated.

Originally posted by mametz View Post
        Good tinny but has been treated with something and shined up,
        the original finish is a darker bronze
        Regards
        Mametz
        all other examples of this tinnie i have seen are darker in color but that could just be the effects of 70 odd years of the aging process kicking in , neverless its in the display case with his buddies

Comment

Hello Lionel, as promised here is my example for you to compare.
          Best regards Martin
          Attached Files

Comment

thanks martin ..i can see traces of the original finnish on your example that almost matches the finnish on mine , i now think that this is the original finnish of these badges
            Last edited by SLIM; 05-15-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SLIM View Post
              thanks martin ..i can see traces of the original finnish on your example that almost matches the finnish on mine ?
              Hello Lionel, now that SA Badge took some finding !!! .........although your example appears to have been polished I am quite sure that if you leave it out of a display case so to expose it to oxygene it will develope a patina. However it may take a good few years before it will take on a Bronze appearance
              Regards Martin

Comment

it came in with these today
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Lionel, omfg as you know the Adolf Hitler Mein Kampf SA Brigade 36 is a stunning example and is a valuable badge and scarce to find. I have only ever come across two.
                  Regards Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
                    Hello Lionel, omfg as you know the Adolf Hitler Mein Kampf SA Brigade 36 is a stunning example and is a valuable badge and scarce to find. I have only ever come across two.
                    Regards Martin
                    i was expecting that badge to be smaller but i was susprised to see it was flippin huge

Comment

i was expecting that badge to be smaller but i was susprised to see it was flippin huge
                      Hello Lionel, tell me about it !!!....................and on this particular occassion size did matter
                      Regards Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
                        Hello Lionel, tell me about it !!!....................and on this particular occassion size did matter
                        Regards Martin
                        this is another tinnie which susprised me when i recieved it a few months back , what other big examples do you have Martin ??
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is my example of the SA Brigade 36 Plauen tinnie - the picture is not the best and it's rusty on the back - I always photograph my tinnies on a cardboard box with a cutout for the pin so it lies flat

Holger
                          Attached Files

Comment

thanks for posting Holger ..if you have more please do add them to this thread !

Comment

thanks for posting Holger ..if you have more please do add them to this thread !

You had asked about other large tinnies. I had posted one a while ago in a thread about SA tinnies but will post here again. As manufactured it has no pin on the back and is made of plastic. It is 3 inches tall. Tieste Donau 39-01

Kind of digressing from the title of your original post!

Holger
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X