griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SA sports badge in gold, Opinions needed please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA sports badge in gold, Opinions needed please!!

Hello everybody!

I searched for an SA sports badge in gold for a long time and I found this one not so long ago. The obverse is fine by me but the reverse of the badge gives me some doubts. Uneven asymettrical lettering and poorly stamped number are doubtful elements and the round wire catch is not standard issue. Am I mistaken on this one?

Thanks for your opinions!!

double post

Comment

This is for sale at German War Booty in fact these are his photos,his stuff is solid in my opinion.He has another for sale too.

Comment

No way for gold with this high number, its a bronce grade.
        The number and catch is absolutely correct for Bonner

GG

Comment

Hello,

of course and totally sure a bronce one. Like GD said a much too high number for a golden one.

Best Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

I am curious is any period information has been uncovered explaining the numbering procedure for the issuing of sports badges? Is the theory still in favor that the gold versions were only issued to instructors and the like and therefore would have low issue numbers? Was there supposed to be three separate lists of issue numbers for gold, silver and bronze?
            I remember some discussion in years past on this subject, but I can't remember if it was here or on GB.com (and probably lost).

Comment

I did not flash on the high number at first but you are right. Surely too high a number for a gold one!
              Did anybody knows approximately how much SA sport badge in gold was issued during the Third Reich period?

Comment

After a few minutes of research, I found ANOTHER gold SA Sports badge on another militaria site. They sell it as a gold one for $270. Check the serial number. Even higher than the first one. I do not want to be impolite or judgemental but I get to the point of asking myself if there is some gold spray can around...
                If only we knew how much gold badges had been issued between 1933-1945, that would help greatly...

Comment

Another gold one on another militaria site. They say that high number
                  (234347) is explained by the fact that the gold series was not numbered separately from the lower grades so the previous and the following numbers may have been bronze.
                  Any thoughts on that?

Comment

I donĀ“t know if these are golden or bronze badges without having in my hand, but you can be sure: higher or lower numbering says nothing about the class of a SA Sport Badge. Golden and silvered do not start from number 1.

Comment

Hi Kirk, the last two are both bronce - they looks only gold because the material is tombac and polished

GG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X