Teno Stick-Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teno Stick-Pin

I am sitting here staring at my Teno miniature stick-pin. The reverse is marked only ges.gesch. with no serial number. Should I assume that I have acquired yet another counterfiet piece from yet another "reputable" dealer? Any and all imput would be greatly appreciated.

This could be OK, but a picture would be nice if possible.

Comment

Ten Stick-pin

Robin,
      Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I don't have the teck available to send a picture. I was just under the impression that they all had a member's serial number on the reverse and they were supposed to be returned upon the death or demise of the wearer. I hope I am wrong though because I am holding this pin wo a serial number. I di acquire this item from a "reputable" dealer who runs a full-page list of "original" items in our most popular monthly trade newspapers. You probably know who I mean and I won't mention his name for sake of proprioty.

Comment

If it was unissued, it wouldn't have a serial number, so it could be OK.

Best regards,
        Robin.

Comment

Robin,
          Makes sense. I am glad. I am also glad that you replied so quickly. I work at night and forum during the day so you being in Scotland is a good thing. Back to the Teno pin if I may, the thing sure does look 60+ years of age. Although I am sure there are ways to "age" fraudelent militaria, I try to make a judgement about how old a piece looks, especially a relatively inexpensive piece, when making an acquistion. Do you agree? Again, thanks for your expertise.

Comment

Absolutely right.

You just cannot fake 'age'.

Comment

Is it one like this that your speaking of.
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X