1934 amtswalter gotha tagung pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1934 amtswalter gotha tagung pin

this is a large pin about 2 1/4x 1 1/2" unmarked and seems to be STEEL (?). look good?

thanks.
    Attached Files

has a brushed semi-shiny finish, is well-made, solid not hollow and has a fairly thin safety pin on the back.

Comment

Looks OK, lets see the back.
      Pete

Comment

Thanks pete. Here's the back
        Attached Files

Comment

area these scarce? I may also get the box...

Comment

I can't get an on-line translator to translate the word walter?
            It is not illustrated in Tieste's latest 2 volume work on tinnies.
            Try it with a magnet and if that doesn't work , see if you can get it tested for silver content. Otherwise, I still like the look of it, and the box, though if the two really go together is anybodys guess.
            Pete

Comment

thanks. it's non-magnetic, a IIId reich 'amtswalter' ref. is here:

http://www.militaria321.com/auktion/...52641266271087

and it really fits the box perfectly as tho it were made for it - b/c it was.

It looks nothing like silver - more like a modern kitchen sink material..... which hopefully it isn't~
              of course the germans pioneered 'rostfrei' so maybe it's got a chance....

Comment

here's the box:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=427449

Comment

Originally posted by Wood View Post
                  I can't get an on-line translator to translate the word walter?
                  It is not illustrated in Tieste's latest 2 volume work on tinnies.
                  Try it with a magnet and if that doesn't work , see if you can get it tested for silver content. Otherwise, I still like the look of it, and the box, though if the two really go together is anybodys guess.
                  Pete
                  "walten" is to rule or govern so this seems to be for a meeting of Gotha city/government officials.

Very interesting tinnie - I have never seen it before.

Comment

b/c is so large compared to other is it really a tinnie? and did many tinnies merit their own cases?? and have you guys seen anything at all in stainless steel? could this celebrate gotha's pioneering its use?

again thanks - I'd like to get to the bottom of this!

Comment

tinnie

Guys,
                      I have several tinnies that are of silver content and look similar to this one. A couple are inscribed. From what I understand, tinnies like this were commorative tinnies, given to higher ranking party officials.

Comment

Thanks - does this box and it's crazy red fur interior seem ... Right?

Comment

tinnie

The "red fur" looks quite similar to the "fur" used on an old German bicycle pin I have.

Comment

used where on the pin? do you mean pin BOX?

thanks

Comment

tinnie

The fur was used around the pin. I`d show a picture of it but I`m unable to do so at this time.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X