Wss Estland badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wss Estland badge

Really unsure which forum might be appropriate to post this one, re-direct me if I am wrong!
    This "tinnie" surfaced in an estate sale with pre WW2 provinence!
    Same symbols used during WW2 by Estonian voulenteer units in the WSS. Badge is unmarked. Anyone seen anything like it?
    Attached Files

I have not seen this before, but would love to have it to go with my collection of Estonian SS insignia.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I think its an original, and very rare. It has the same screwback post of my 5th don cossack div vaulted cross. Id say a once in a lifetime find, and with provenance...its way cool. I doubt you'll ever find another one.

Comment

When I was in Narwa I saw a lot of post war use of this insignia as the veterans has used it a lot post ww2.
        About this one, I do not know.

Comment

Can't comment on it's age (at least "old"), but I love the sharp detail and smooth enamel!

Comment

These kind of badges were worn by Estonians in the Finnish Army(called "Finnish boys") in WWII. Its a hat badge. I know there`s one with golden E and mailed arm. I`m not familiar with these things much. But this could be well modern version.

Comment

These badges (golden arm and E) were produced in 1944 in Finland by A. Barck. Diameter is 21,5.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Bergflak View Post
                Really unsure which forum might be appropriate to post this one, re-direct me if I am wrong!
                This "tinnie" surfaced in an estate sale with pre WW2 provinence!
                Same symbols used during WW2 by Estonian voulenteer units in the WSS. Badge is unmarked. Anyone seen anything like it?
                never seen or handled one of these before and know nothing about these, but the back of it kind of has a modern look to it??? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X