Gau Honor Badge Wartheland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gau Honor Badge Wartheland

As this is an ultrarare item, and I don´t know the diferent variation of this badge, I need your oppinions on this. The textbook numbered originals are quite different to this one, but... maybe a later replacement badge.
    Thank you in advance
    Greg
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

This badge is a Souval post war made badge with a Ost volk pin.
      Last edited by Jon-Olav Holden; 03-17-2010, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Post war

Sorry the badge has none of the stunning qualities of an original piece.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen
          I had seen some early numbered originals, but, as I said, maybe we´re having there a late war replacement piece??
          Anybody have info about replacement Gau Watherland badges made during the war??
          On the other side, could anybody post some pictures of the Souval post war Watherland badges?
          Regards
          Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorio Torres View Post
            Thank you gentlemen
            I had seen some early numbered originals, but, as I said, maybe we´re having there a late war replacement piece??
            Anybody have info about replacement Gau Watherland badges made during the war??
            On the other side, could anybody post some pictures of the Souval post war Watherland badges?
            Regards
            Greg
            Here's the same badge as your example, post war souval with Ost volk pin. And if you scroll down you will se a very nice original numbered example posted by Stan.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=Wartheland

Comment

Here's the backside of another souval example.
              wartheland2.jpg

Comment

Another Original:
                Attached Files
                RonR

Comment

Reverse:
                  Attached Files
                  RonR

Comment

Thank you very much for your contributions
                    Ron, you´ve got a very nice one. And low numbering. I suppose no more than 1000 did exist. Cheers
                    Kind Regards
                    Greg

Comment

IMO,there were no late war Gau honor badges produced due to the fact that all were produced in the early to mid 30's and were considered Tradition badges and were not to be worn on a uniform after 1936 I think.

Comment

First badge is a copy, 2nd badge

Comment

Here's one a bit more special. Mit Brillianten

Sold for 28000euro at Hermann Historica in october last year.

A Gau Honour Badge Wartheland with Diamonds.
                          The oak leaf wreath in gold. Eagle, sword and plough are in platinum, stamped "950PT" and adorned with over 150 diamonds set à jour in a gold frame held by eight screws. The swastika and the year "1939" rendered in blue enamel. The waisted attachment needle with maker's inscription "J. Godet & Sohn" and "585" mark of fineness, the needle hook with safety closure. With two lateral stability hooks for wear. Dimensions 54 x 55 mm. Weight 75 g (Nie 6.04.24).
                          Of extreme rareness.

The Wolfe Hardin collection has one like this, but i have no idea if this is theirs.

96137.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH]1456825[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1456826[/ATTACH]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X