NSDAP Party badge question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Party badge question.

Ive gotta ask this question guys, this is driving me nuts.

Its about the NSDAP enamel party badges.

Its about the lettering on the front of the badge, on some badges the L - S are apart, and on others the L-S are really close together, can anybody explain this please?

Im a new collector you know, I love these enamels, but frightened to buy at the moment because im not sure if I would be buying originals or reproductions.

NSDAP Party badge question

Stanley,
    This is something that can cause a new collector to go nuts.
    Some good pins have the L-S closer than others and some have different looking "O''s, I would suggest Michael Tuckers book "NSDAP Enamel" at the website www.authenticmilitaia.com, so you will begin to gt a picture in your head on what to look for. While it is almost impossible to show every variation he does his best and as a new collector, I would also suggest buying books before buying militaria and I know this is not always possible. But buy from sellers with moneyback guarantee's and a good reputation. Ask the buyer if you can post a picture of the item to this forum before buy7ing, if he refuses
    pass on it and pass on the seller.
    To me the key to the party pins lies more in the back of them than the front. Just my opinion. Have fun and go to shows and look and touch everything you can. You are starting out right by asking this question.
    Jack

Comment

Thanks for the advice Jack, will defo keep my eyes open for that NSDAP enamel book that you mentioned, thanks again.

Comment

The world of party pins is endless and the most weird good original can be found.

In general: early badges can have a large gap between the "L" and the "S". The rzm brought some uniformity and in general rzm marked badges have only a small gap between those two letters but...

Tuckers book is good way to start and get the taste. But it only shows a very small glimp of the whole picture of the party pin collection world.

Regards, Wim
        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X