Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1936 Tinnie in Cardboard - How Common are they ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1936 Tinnie in Cardboard - How Common are they ?

This is a 1936 Tag der Nationalen Solidaritat badge. Made of a hard cardboard type material.

How common are tinnies made like this? This is the only one I have ever had and have not noticed them elsewhere. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places !

Any comments are appreciated and thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Back Shot

Attached Files

Comment

Here I found an other one for Euro 25:

https://www.weitze.net/detail/29/Tag..._108429_r.html

Gerdan

Comment

Also Huesken has one for Euro 35.

http://www.german-militaria.de/details/d20343.html

Gerdan

Comment

tinnie

Funny thing about these tinnies. I`ve seen this tinnie for sale at $75.00 and as low as $15.00, just like most tinnie prices these days. I however do like the cardboard ones and would think that the prices on them would be set accorind to rarity. There really aren`t a huge amount that have survived in good condition all these years. Many won`t be around in 10-20 years as oppsed to metal tinnies

Comment

Actually there are a fair number of cardboard tinnes. As stated previously they are going to be generally harder to find because of the material and generally appropriately more expensive. A friend of mine bought one from Bamberg - Kundgebung der NSDAP Gau Nordbayern 1926 and had to pay 175 Euros!

Comment

nice original shown, but some fake card ones have appeared
              recently hj sa ss and nsdap so beware.
              Regards
              mametz

Comment

tinnie

I guess what I meant to say was that in comparison to metal tinnies, they far outnumber the paper ones, especially the paper ones that have survived in good to excellent condition.

Comment

[IMG]E:\bamberg3[/IMG] here is the Bamberg tinnie - first attempt at posting picture
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Curt Steinbach; 03-16-2010, 07:43 PM. Reason: didn't post picture

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lee View Post
                    Funny thing about these tinnies. I`ve seen this tinnie for sale at $75.00 and as low as $15.00, just like most tinnie prices these days. I however do like the cardboard ones and would think that the prices on them would be set accorind to rarity. There really aren`t a huge amount that have survived in good condition all these years. Many won`t be around in 10-20 years as oppsed to metal tinnies
                    That particularly cardboard badge is fairly common. I have had it a couple of times and I would offer it for US$35 in good condition and it should sell fairly quickly at that price. Cheers, Torsten.

PS: The 1926 badge shown by Holger here is very scarce of course ...

Comment

another nice early cardboard tinnie
                      Attached Files

Comment

Knew I had one and just came across it while searching for another badge.

However, this one has had the pin period replaced by glueing a WHW token on the back.
                        RonR

Comment

Here is the Tinnie:
                          Attached Files
                          RonR

Comment

Reverse:
                            Attached Files
                            RonR

Comment

Hello Holger
                              Your two Tinnie Bamberg and Weimar are very very rare
                              Bamberg is 125 euro
                              Weimar is 500 euro !!!!!!
                              Regrads
                              Guy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X