Need Help Identifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Identifying

I do not collect medals and would like to sell them. I purchased them along with other nazi items at a estate sale. The gentelman who owned them was a collector according to his daughter. I think the cross iS a first class. I have found a couple 2nd class firemans cross with ribbon on the net but none like this. If anyone can share any info please let me know.
    Last edited by Kevin Sanders; 01-26-2004, 04:45 PM. Reason: Clarification / E-Stand vs Forum

Hi, I sent you a PM with explanation of forum rules regrading offering things for sale.

Good point to keep in mind folks - thanks Vadim
    Last edited by Kevin Sanders; 01-26-2004, 04:47 PM. Reason: Thanks for the reminder here, Vadim

Comment

here is a pic of the back of the cross.
      Last edited by Kevin Sanders; 01-26-2004, 04:46 PM. Reason: Clarification made in original post

Comment

and of the other with ribon. Any info would help.

Comment

That's a repro 1st class fire brigade cross.

Comment

How can you tell its a repo or not ? What makes you think It is ?

Comment

Originally posted by chainsawrich
              How can you tell its a repo or not ? What makes you think It is ?
              This fire brigade cross is a common fake. Genuine first class fire brigade is very rare. It is a vaulted medal with an entirely different pin configuration. And, as I recall, it does not have a maker's mark on the back (don't quote me on this aspect, though).

Don't be too bummed, however. One of these just sold on manions.com for well over $100 (I don't remember the exact price). And it was clearly ID'd as a copy in the listing.

Comment

I agree with Curt. I do not remember either if these were maker-marked or not, but M9 is the wrong RZM mark for an award in any case, its a mark for tinnies. All the fake 1st class Fire Brigade crosses I have seen were marked M9 for some reason. They normally bring in $60-70 on Ebay.
                The one with ribbon is a Prussian Firefighters' award for 25 years of service.
                Last edited by Vadim K; 01-16-2004, 04:08 PM.

Comment

New Thread

Hi all,
                  I started a new thread based upon your discussion of Fire Brigade
                  Crosses.
                  John

Comment

Fake

Hi,

yours is a fake, sorry.
                    Take a look here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...339#post340339

best,
                    Gerd

Comment

To provide facts about this FireCross being a reproduction, it was available in the 70's-80's from Delta International of Lafayette, California, it's pictured, front & back, in Delta's old 1986 catalog, catalog nr. #226, $24.50 retail with 40% off to dealers. The red is a bright red whereas on an original, it should be an orange-red. It wasn't made in Calif., it was imported.

Comment

Markings

Originally posted by Bob Komorowski
                        To provide facts about this FireCross being a reproduction, it was available in the 70's-80's from Delta International of Lafayette, California, it's pictured, front & back, in Delta's old 1986 catalog, catalog nr. #226, $24.50 retail with 40% off to dealers. The red is a bright red whereas on an original, it should be an orange-red. It wasn't made in Calif., it was imported.
                        Bob,
                        Does the delta catalog say anything about the markings on the rear?
                        Thanks in advance... John

Comment

John, yes it does,- it shows a picture of the back, & the markings are identical to the one (repro) posted. Same exact pin too; I've had plenty of these offered to me over the years by jackasses going thru the aisles at gun shows trying to whip the skinny on the guys behind the tables (dealer-collectors).

Comment

UUUhhh, Bob. Facts. Finally!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X