FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSDAP Nurnburg 1933 Badge help Needed???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rudolf souval View Post
    Very nice Stan, and very special!
    I agree and very unique to boot.

Comment

I agree with Rudolf, that's really unique. Never seen another 33 NSDAP Nuremberg tinnie like that! Good for you man!

Comment

Like Stan's badge, my man also held his badge in very high esteem and had a jewler make a custom secure attaching device.

John
        Last edited by John Pepera; 11-25-2009, 08:39 PM. Reason: attachment

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Walden View Post
          Here's some info from our old "Projects" folders on the main site http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/asso...9.05.01.01.pdf

The one in question in this thread with the Balmberger pin plate is spot on. Like Stan, I think this type is more desirable than those that just have the pin soldered on.

I've had others with pin plates, but I can't recall if there were any makers other than Balmberger on the 1933 badges.
          FYI, I went back through my photos of 1933 badges, and I couldn't find any others with pin plates after all. Just the 1934-1936 ones.

Best,
          Greg
          sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
          www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Nsdap

Well I sure hope this one is correct in the first post. I have purchased it and its on the way?? I purchased it from a member here so if its not correct I may have a chance?

hdmarley

Comment

Originally posted by hdmarley View Post
              Well I sure hope this one is correct in the first post. I have purchased it and its on the way?? I purchased it from a member here so if its not correct I may have a chance?

hdmarley
              Don't worry it's a good one.

Comment

nsdap

Thanks ErichS for the "support"

Comment

In regards to my reference above, here is my Nurnberg badge with a personalized and modified pin.

I would imagine that the original owner of this badge held it in high esteem to have this permanent modification made for what ever reason.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by John Pepera; 11-30-2009, 09:57 PM. Reason: modify photo

Comment

b
                    Attached Files

Comment

c
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice John, I really like to see these custom jobs on important badges.

Comment

I don't know if this is helpful, but here is the back of one of my 33 badges. Marked the same as the one pictured at the start of the thread.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nsdap

Thanks for your post Nische!! That is helpful to see another example!!

hdmarley

Comment

Absolutely, it's my pleasure. Actually, I was looking for quite a while for a maker-marked 1933, and after scouting out pretty much the whole MAX show one year, I finally found one. My other one, which is also maker marked C. Baumberger Nurnberg, I found on eBay. Yeah, can you believe it?

I emailed the guy on eBay and told him that his auction was probably going to be removed since it showed a swastica. I also offered him a fair price if he was interested. He agreed that the auction probably wouldn't make the seven days, cancelled the auction, and sold it to me outright. So, I guess it pays to search "Reichsparteitag" via eBay every once in a while.
                              Attached Files

Comment

And, here is the back of my other 33 RPT Badge.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X