Some RAD insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some RAD insignia

Here is a small grouping of RAD insignia I've managed tp accumulate.
    Garth
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Garth Thompson
    Here is a small grouping of RAD insignia I've managed tp accumulate.
    Garth
    Pic #2
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice items!

Here's a couple of mine. Why is it every time I see these they are XXVIII's and LS 4's? Hmmm....
      Attached Files
      -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Here is mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
          Here is mine.
          Hello,

very nice Garth,you are off to a good start,I especially like the Emsland sleeveband,can you post some close up pictures of the front and back when you have the time-both you and Ralph have unit shileds for RADwJ Lager school 4,interesting stuff!!-I collect RAD however i just cant get into the RADj stuff-I have a few RADwJ broaches and unit shields-the RADwJ is just alot less appealing to me than the RAD-I will have to admit their unit shields are alot nicer than the mens!!

Yancy

Comment

"Why is it every time I see these they are XXVIII's and LS 4's? Hmmm...."

Why indeed??

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
            George

Comment

Too coincidental.

I say they are repros. Thoughts?
              -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph A
                I say they are repros. Thoughts?
                Hello,

have you guys (George,Garth and Ralph) blacklight tested yours?I have never been a fan of these unissued unit shields either mens or womens,I have only 2 of these womens shileds for III and V and both of mine have been removed from a uniform -I like the way Adrians looks,the black stiching on the border looks 100% right to me-I was recently offered a whole roll of 50 "unissued" mens units shields-when i asked about were he got them i got the "vet bringback/werehouse find" story,I passed on them as well as all unisued shields that have been offered to me-I like my cloth items "salty" looking-can you guys post close up pictures of the back of your shields?Garth if you dont mind posting a larger close up of the fronts of yours as well-

Yancy

Comment

Originally posted by Yancy Irwin
                  Hello,

have you guys (George,Garth and Ralph) blacklight tested yours?I have never been a fan of these unissued unit shields either mens or womens,I have only 2 of these womens shileds for III and V and both of mine have been removed from a uniform -I like the way Adrians looks,the black stiching on the border looks 100% right to me-I was recently offered a whole roll of 50 "unissued" mens units shields-when i asked about were he got them i got the "vet bringback/werehouse find" story,I passed on them as well as all unisued shields that have been offered to me-I like my cloth items "salty" looking-can you guys post close up pictures of the back of your shields?Garth if you dont mind posting a larger close up of the fronts of yours as well-

Yancy
                  Yancy,
                  Shame on me. I always blacklight insignia but I got the two RADj shields from a "trusted" dealer with an "impeccable" reputation on a trade so I didn't this time. The enlisted flunked. The officer is guilty by association and under a magnifying glass the silver wire stitching is cross hatched as opposed to a genuine "salty" RAD male officer which looks more straight horizontal line weave. These aren't exactly a "hot" collectable so who would have thought. 35 years at this game and still learning.
                  Garth

Comment

Hi Guys, here is the back of mne. This was a vet pick up in Canada. Given to me by a friend.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                      Hi Guys, here is the back of mne. This was a vet pick up in Canada. Given to me by a friend.

Cheers, Ade.
                      Hello,

here are pictures of my 2 ,both have been removed from uniforms,notice the stiching on the black border is rough looking ,uneven in places like Adrians-the borders on the other 4 posted (2 we know are no good) have perfect stiching -at least in Garths case a the repros are a better quality,neater stiching than originals-the stiching on Ralphs also bothers me a bit-yours has a row of brown stiching outside the black border-I would like to see pictures of the backs of Ralphs and Georges before i give my opinion on those -Adrian your looks fine to me-I had another RAD collector look at this thread,he had thoughts about repro/real but wants to check his referance material before offering his opinion-anyone else have any opions on these?Garth i still would like to see close ups of your emsland cuffband when you have a chance-

Yancy
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Radcollector; 01-11-2004, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yancy Irwin
                        Hello,

here are pictures of my 2 ,both have been removed from uniforms,notice the stiching on the black border is rough looking ,uneven in places like Adrians-the borders on the other 4 posted (2 we know are no good) have perfect stiching -at least in Garths case a the repros are a better quality,neater stiching than originals-the stiching on Ralphs also bothers me a bit-yours has a row of brown stiching outside the black border-I would like to see pictures of the backs of Ralphs and Georges before i give my opinion on those -Adrian your looks fine to me-I had another RAD collector look at this thread,he had thoughts about repro/real but wants to check his referance material before offereing his opinion-anyone else have any opions on these?Garth i still would like to see close ups of your emsland cuffband when you have a chance-

Yancy
                        the backs of mine-
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here's the back of mine. There's no glow under the blacklight.
                          Attached Files
                          George

Comment

So, gentlemen? Thoughts? Conclusions?
                            George

Comment

Ditto Garth right down the line,

on his blacklight test on the one and closeup inspection on the other. Here is the back of my enlisted patch:
                              Attached Files
                              -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X