AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Photo of the Pioneer of Labor Badge Being Worn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Photo of the Pioneer of Labor Badge Being Worn!

The "Pioneer of Labor" badge is one of the rarest awards of the Third Reich. I have only ever seen one that I knew to be absolutely original, aquired by a collector I know directly from the brother of the American soldier who sent it home. As rare as this badge is, I don't think that I have ever seen a photograph of it being worn...until now.

I aquired a presentation photo album that was sent to a young Fraulein who had gone through training in Berlin for service in the Reichspost. Within the album there were some great photographs, including photos of the young women being visited by Robert Ley, the chief of the Labor Front. However, there were also photos of the women being inspected by the Reichspost Minister, who is wearing the uniform of a General in the NSKK. On his uniform he is very clearly wearing the Pioneer of Labor badge. The reference books that I have seen that cover this award usually include a very short list of the names of the known recipients. However, the Reichspost Minister's name has never appeared on the lists that I have seen.

I hope that you find the photo as interesting as I did.
    Attached Files

Super picture! Can you make out the pin on the pocket flap?

Comment

rare pic!
      i think its the party pin.
      christian

Comment

Might be a party pin, but the position was also commonly the spot for the Frontbann badge.

Comment

Hello,

The Party Pin being worn on the pocket flap is the Golde Party Badge.

Best,

James

Comment

sweet pic Bill...i also think it is the gold party pin on the pocket flap

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this great picture!

In the list that I have found his name is listed and he recieved the Award on 1 May 1941, the same day as Max Amann. (Source: Labor organizations of the Reich)

Regards, Theo
              Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Found this whilst researching a bit about Walther Funk.
                gettyimages-545934975-612x612.jpg

Comment

Nice photo for the thread Joe.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    Nice photo for the thread Joe.

Stan
                    Indeed it is!
                    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I know that posts # 1 to 7 were a long time ago, but since the thread is back up, I thought I'd add a list of recipients of this award. (The list in Angolia's Labor Organizations... ist incomplete.)

7 August 1940:
                      Gustav Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach, industrialist and Wehrwirtschaftsführer (on the occasion of his 70th birthday)

1 May 1941:
                      Max Amann, Reichsleiter and publisher
                      Dr. Wilhelm Ohnesorge, Reich Minister for Postal Affairs
                      Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Willy Messerschmidt, aircraft designer and -manufacturer, Wehrwirtschaftsführer

23 September 1941:
                      Dr.-Ing. e.h. Robert Bosch, industrialist, engineer and inventor (on the occasion of his 80th birthday)

1 May 1942:
                      Prof. Dr.-Ing. e.h., Dr. Phil h.c. Ernst Heinkel, aircraft designer and -manufacturer, Wehrwirtschaftsführer
                      Prof. Dr.-Ing. h.c. Ferdinand Porsche, automotive engineer and -manufacturer, Wehrwirtschaftsführer
                      Walther Funk, Minister of Economics and President of the National Bank

1 May 1943:
                      Konrad Grebe, mining engineer and inventor

1 May 1944:
                      Dr.-Ing. e.h. Julius Dorpmüller, Reich Transport Minister
                      Kommerzienrat Dr. rer.pol., Dr.-Ing. e.h. Hermann Röchling, steel manufacturer and Wehrwirtschaftsführer
                      Dr.-Ing. e.h. Albert Vögler, industrialist, plenipotentiary of the Armaments Minister for the Ruhr area
                      Prof. Dr.-Ing. e.h. Claudius Dornier, aircraft designer
                      Dipl.-Ing. Helmut Stein, engineer
                      Ernst Becker, lathe operator
                      John Schwarzer, master watchmaker
                      Peter Küsters, horizontal drilling technician
                      Eugen Wieczorek, master workman

28 June 1944:
                      Präsident Dr.-Ing. e.h. Albert Pietzsch, entrepeneur, president of the Munich Chamber of Commerce and Industry, head of the National Chamber of Commerce (on the occasion of his 70th birthday)

Comment

I was searching for a photo of Funk perhaps wearing his goldene Ehrennadel he would have received when the Deutsches Reichsbank was named a NS Musterbetriebe. Haven't found one yet, but found his Pioneer d. Arbeit Urkunde.

Comment

Comment

I am about ready to give up on this site. The editing procedure does not work at all in a simple manner. Error messages are recurring with supposed notificatoins to someone; and it is simply not worth my time or aggravation to continue with this system. I have better this to do than to struggle to share the things I find of interest!

Comment

I’m having problems too
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X