Mother Cross - 2 Model Vs.1 Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother Cross - 2 Model Vs.1 Model

When I see a Mother Cross (Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter) for sale on various dealers web-site they are almost always advertised as a 2nd Model. Does anyone have a pic of a 1st Model they could post for comparison, were there any major differences in design?

John

John,

the only difference is on the reverse. The 2nd model has the inscription "16. Dezember 1938" and a facsimilie of Hitler's signature. The 1st model has "Das Kind adelt die Mutter" and a facsimilie of Hitler's signature.

I have only ever seen one example of a 1st model that I trusted, and I heard about one more for sale. They are very, very rare and seem to be valued at around 50 times the price of a 2nd model. I've seen a couple that look as if they have been re-engraved with the 1st model motto. I've also heard about some having nothing at all on the reverse, but I've never seen a full size one that was blank on the back.

James

Comment

John, here's what they look like. Well it looks like this new system isn't working as the picture failed to open Well I see it's working now
      Attached Files
      Last edited by James Noble; 12-06-2003, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Hello all,

What is the price difference between the first pattern and second pattern and how much is the 1st worth?

Please let me know either way. Thank you.

William Kramer
        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

There are in fact 3 forms, one with the long inscription, one with no inscription and the dated form. The first is extreemly rare. Price is what one would be asked, 50 times the normal price would not be out of the way.

The Mothers cross can be found in many othere forms, a 2 3rd pin back miniture. A very rare example on a large ribbon for wear on the uniform.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X