RLB Amtsraeger stickpin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RLB Amtsraeger stickpin?

Hi Guys, I think this is a stickpin for an office holder with the RLB, but I cannot verify it??? Heering-Huesken shows a first model and mentions a second model but does not show it. Is this the second model? Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

Torsten,
    I have always considered these to be the second model RLB membership pins and they come in silver and gold. Unfortunately the one pictured appears to be a reproduction as the swastika is of poor quality and should be in black enamel. The burnished finish of the eagle is suspect too.
    Lyn

Comment

Originally posted by Lyn Islaub View Post
      Torsten,
      I have always considered these to be the second model RLB membership pins and they come in silver and gold. Unfortunately the one pictured appears to be a reproduction as the swastika is of poor quality and should be in black enamel. The burnished finish of the eagle is suspect too.
      Lyn
      I have to agree with Lyn

Comment

Originally posted by Lyn Islaub View Post
        Torsten,
        Lyn
        Hi Lyn, its been ground doug and someone has acid cleaned it, which explains the colour. I do not think it a fake. At least that is what I think. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

I posted one on an rlb thread a while back, and i think it looks ok, whats the back look like, and also why do you think its been acid cleaned. Did you clean it with acid, or know the person who found it uses acid to clean stuff. Why acid, these are not hard to clean even ground dug. If acid was used id say the swastika black would be missing, unless you painted it again.
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=RLb+eagle
          Last edited by juoneen; 06-19-2009, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I did not acid clean it and would never do anything like that, but I do not know how to explain the off colour of the metal any other way. The black of the swastia is completing missing unfortunately. The pin has been very crudely soldered back on to the reverse. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

the one i got from an estate i know is good is just painted also, but the pin is broken off, if you look at the maker and yours has a makers mark it most likely is good. maybe the so called digger soldered a pin to it. can you show the back it may help to identify its originality. they arent worth a whole lot anyway.. what did the digger charge you? They also had the same in a pin i have one of those also. but dont really collect luftschutz specificly. Lets see what it looks like, and the other opinions may be right...only way to tell.

Comment

Hi Juoneen,

thanks for your reply. I do not really doubt the originality of the pin and never have done ... but I am just trying to figure out what type of RLB Amstraeger pin it is really .... here is a pic of the reverse. The solder stuff almost completely covers the back but you can still see what looks like an A maker mark for Assmann. Cheers, Torsten.
                Attached Files

Comment

the pin in its full glory
                  Attached Files

Comment

I didnĀ“t realize that it was dug or acid treated or so, but I have to say I think it is original, after have seen the new pics and so.

Comment

the A looks more like an Aurich mark than an Assmann mark, or do I need glasses?

Comment

Originally posted by Peppe864 View Post
                        the A looks more like an Aurich mark than an Assmann mark, or do I need glasses?
                        sorry, Aurich it is

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X