No announcement yet.

m1/49 hj gold honor badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember people didn't like the "15" badges at one point either because the RZM logo and "15" were on raised discs. Now they are accepted as real.

It's surprising how little is known about the Gold HJ badge considering how many of them are out there.

Comment

I know about the problems with the "15". I remember quite well we were both very septical about them a few years back. Your're right about the white coloured tombac by adding arsenic. (I dident knew that) I also read that tombac with 95% copper gives the best results when you want to use enamel on it. It is funny that the entire collector AND dealer community always panic of the many fakes of this award. But were are all those fakes at the end... Maybe many are good exept from the real horrible copies.

Regards, Wim
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Hi guys,

I just remembered this thread. I showed the piece to Detlev Niemann some weeks ago and he confirmed, that in his opinion the piece is absolutely original.

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

Thanks for letting know, Daniel.

Regards, Theo
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

[QUOTE=nigel2003;3097930] how opinions change,havn read the feedback on this badge and looking at other gold hj badges i would now say its a good one ..

Comment

Old thread, but Iam sure everyone knows they are Baumeister now.
              Attached Files
              Iam Uncle Sam
              That’s who Iam
              Been hiding out
              In a rock and roll band

Comment

B 1293, I have only seen one other B type from a HJ collector and never such a low number.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by münster; 07-27-2015, 09:43 PM.
                Iam Uncle Sam
                That’s who Iam
                Been hiding out
                In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by stuart a. View Post
                  good decision
                  stu
                  It sure was
                  Iam Uncle Sam
                  That’s who Iam
                  Been hiding out
                  In a rock and roll band

Comment

Interesting...! This thread was from before my joining WAF but I am surprised to see a "B" piece which appears to include an award number! In my experience, when a "B" award is seen, that indicates that that badge is a duplicate of an originally-awarded and numbered piece and the "B" simply establishes that fact, without needing to be jeweler-engraved with the award number itself. Such pieces as the one pictured here must represent a very early duplicate which was produced by the Adolf Baumeister firm and bearing the original award number.

Apologies if my comment above duplicates what has already been said below...but "I came late to the dance!"

Cheers, and thanks for the enlightenment,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                      Interesting...! This thread was from before my joining WAF but I am surprised to see a "B" piece which appears to include an award number! In my experience, when a "B" award is seen, that indicates that that badge is a duplicate of an originally-awarded and numbered piece and the "B" simply establishes that fact, without needing to be jeweler-engraved with the award number itself. Such pieces as the one pictured here must represent a very early duplicate which was produced by the Adolf Baumeister firm and bearing the original award number.

Apologies if my comment above duplicates what has already been said below...but "I came late to the dance!"

Cheers, and thanks for the enlightenment,

Br. James

I have read that there are 2 Deumer M1/120s out there with B designation and award number. I think Giel had one . I have one also, so make that 3.
                      The M1/49 I have is a very low number. If B designates replacement piece I do not know and I center around combat awards. I have always been led to believe that B pieces are replacement awards.

Best,
                      D
                      Iam Uncle Sam
                      That’s who Iam
                      Been hiding out
                      In a rock and roll band

Comment

Untill 1940 it was possible to get a replacement award (B-type) with the original serial number. Is written in the article.

Regards, Wim
                        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
                          Untill 1940 it was possible to get a replacement award (B-type) with the original serial number. Is written in the article.

Regards, Wim
                          Wim, what is lowest number you seen on B type M1/49?

You should offer your guide here, it is well done and informative

Cheers
                          D
                          Iam Uncle Sam
                          That’s who Iam
                          Been hiding out
                          In a rock and roll band

Comment

My guide is adverstised somewhere in a thread here on WAF.

Lowest number I got on file (my list of the M1/49 is very short) is "B 9091"

Regards, Wim
                            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
                              My guide is adverstised somewhere in a thread here on WAF.

Lowest number I got on file (my list of the M1/49 is very short) is "B 9091"

Regards, Wim
                              Nice, I got the lowest B number so far .

Your guide should be pinned to the top
                              Last edited by münster; 07-28-2015, 01:19 PM.
                              Iam Uncle Sam
                              That’s who Iam
                              Been hiding out
                              In a rock and roll band

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X