Eagle Order question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle Order question

What is the difference between Great Order of the German Eagle in case (approx 5"by8") with sash and star and the Order of the German Eagle First Class in case (Approx5"by8") with sash and star??
    I know the award was changed about 1943. Does that account for difference. I know there is a neck order that is also marked 1st Stufe (first degree?).
    Appreciate clarification. (Bill Stump comment would be appreciated!)

You'll probably get a better and faster answer in this Forum!
    George

Comment

Originally posted by Hike
      What is the difference between Great Order of the German Eagle in case (approx 5"by8") with sash and star and the Order of the German Eagle First Class in case (Approx5"by8") with sash and star??
      I know the award was changed about 1943. Does that account for difference. I know there is a neck order that is also marked 1st Stufe (first degree?).
      Appreciate clarification. (Bill Stump comment would be appreciated!)
      The 1937 Orders of the German Eagle had a Grand Cross with an eight-pointed silver breast star. A 60 mm cross was suspended from a 100 mm shoulder sash.

The 1939 variation was a Golden Grand Cross and was authorized in April of that year. It had an 91 mm eight-pointed GOLD breast star and a 100 mm shoulder sash with a 66 mm sash cross. It came with and without swords.

In 1942 the Grand Cross came with an 80 mm eight-pointed SILVER breast star and a 60 mm cross worn on a 100 mm shoulder sash.

The GOLDEN GRAND CROSS was the same as the 1939 style.

Comment

thank you

Bill - Thank you for sharing your knowledge about the Eagle order. Think it would be a real service if you recorded all the information on all the orders you have researched and studied. Thanks again

Comment

Hello Hike and William, here is something I don´t usually see. It is an image of an Eagle Order Grand Cross breast Star in wear.

Hope you enjoy,

Pablo
          Attached Files

Comment

eagle order question

Thanks Pablo for the photo post. Had never seen a military person with the star. At one time, I saw a photo of Henry Ford (auto builder) wearing the sash and star. He was an early day friend of Adolph Hitler and even read that he used to make a present of 75,000 marks to Hitler on his birthdays. (Don't know if rumor or truth)

Thanks again for the post.

Comment

are these grand crosses ????

Originally posted by W. C. Stump
              The 1937 Orders of the German Eagle had a Grand Cross with an eight-pointed silver breast star. A 60 mm cross was suspended from a 100 mm shoulder sash.

The 1939 variation was a Golden Grand Cross and was authorized in April of that year. It had an 91 mm eight-pointed GOLD breast star and a 100 mm shoulder sash with a 66 mm sash cross. It came with and without swords.

In 1942 the Grand Cross came with an 80 mm eight-pointed SILVER breast star and a 60 mm cross worn on a 100 mm shoulder sash.

The GOLDEN GRAND CROSS was the same as the 1939 style.
              i just inherited these and i'm trying to find some answers,would really appreciate the help
              the one with swords is marked m4/22
              the one without swords is marked 1/50
              Attached Files
              Last edited by willy157; 06-23-2005, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Order of the Eagle

Hello Comrade, I have one of these medals it is the star burst type it has the words Ges. Gesch on the inside of the large pin, it also has either 1/1 or 4/1 at the hinge end. It looks like it was gold plated once upon a time. My question is do you think it the real thing and if so what sort of price would it fetch these days. many thanks in Comradeship John in Bowmanville.

Comment

From the description, I would think this is a copy. However it would be most interesting to see.

Comment

The unique brands that you will find in a Grand Cross of the order of the Eagle German original is "900" or "900 and 21" or, in the case of those made in 1937 "SILBER 800", therefore a mi me appear to be reproductions. However to make sure 100% need better photos more crisp and with more detail of the markings, front and rear of the awards

Comment

W.C.Stump passed away years ago.

Bill Stump died about 10 years ago and { WARLORD } is Chris Ailsby. Isn't this a old post ??? Yes Both of these Eagle Orders are REPO !!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X