Been hiding out
        In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
          hj cap emblem

100% NOT a HJ cap badge

Its a HJ Siegernadel from 1943

Comment

thanks for the quick replies (even if you don't agree :-) )

Whats the significance of 1943?

Alex

Comment

I have one similar to this, so I'm interested in finding out what this is.
              The problem I have calling it a Siegernadel is that all the ones I have seen only have the bottom four oak leaves and a proper pin on the back.
              The significance of the date would be the year it was presented.

Comment

I don't think it is a "Siegernadel" - it's just a participant / attendee pin for the national HJ sport competition in 1943. Fairly common pin.

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
                  I don't think it is a "Siegernadel" - it's just a participant / attendee pin for the national HJ sport competition in 1943. Fairly common pin.
                  I agree completly, but normally they have the normal pin and not this strange system to be attached.
                  Greg

Comment

Please look at the Heering/Hüsken - catalog

Comment

Originally posted by MisterX View Post
                      Please look at the Heering/Hüsken - catalog
                      I see Heering/Hüsken calls it a "Siegernadel", but there are a lot of them around and they are poorer quality than most tinnies. I have one the same as the above, and it is cheap, unplated, pressed tin with the u-shaped bent pin - not even close to award quality.

Unless one of the HJ guys tells me different, I can't believe this is a "Victor's Award", as Heering/Hüsken says. The quality says it is a simple event badge. There are a number of mis-identifications in the Heering/Hüsken book.

Comment

I also always assumed this to be a participant badge of some sort and I also think this a very strange and very impractical needle attachment ... can't recall having seen this type of needle system elsewhere. cheers, torsten.
                        Last edited by torstenbel; 12-30-2008, 05:59 AM.

Comment

This is a participants pin for the yearly labor competitions of the HJ. Each year, starting with the porcelain one with the youth diamond in color on white, signified participation. During the war years they opted for the stickpin arrangement rather than the usual pin back style.
                          Ron Weinand

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                            This is a participants pin for the yearly labor competitions of the HJ. Each year, starting with the porcelain one with the youth diamond in color on white, signified participation. During the war years they opted for the stickpin arrangement rather than the usual pin back style.
                            Ron Weinand
                            ??? I'd love to see a reference for that statement.

I know the badge at the top of the thread as a Siegernadel for the HJ Reichssportwettkampf 1943. This was the last year a badge was awarded. In 1944 the winners received a small card instead of a badge. The 1943 badge is the only one in the series with that strange pin. The others have a normal pin closure.

There are two types of the 1943 badge. The other version has the same pin assembly but the wreath does not meet at the top.

These badges seem to be less common than the pre-1943 versions but I don't see the quality as a problem. There wasn't just one Sieger at the various competitions held around the Reich during the Reichssportwettkämpfe. Each participant (within his or her age group) could win one one these badges by reaching the required points total so many, many boys and girls received one and the term 'Siegernadel' is a little misleading as it implies that only one person in any particular event received one.
                            Last edited by Garry M.; 12-30-2008, 07:58 AM. Reason: expanded

Comment

Hi Garry M., thank you for that explanation .. so, its more of a qualification type award badge for reaching a certain level of proficiency in a chosen sport and in the tests done for the Reichssportwettkampf ... in that case, the name Siegernadel is indeed misleading for this award and it's easy to see where the confusion comes from ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X