UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kreisschiessen Schwaz 1944 Is This a Tinnie or Badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kreisschiessen Schwaz 1944 Is This a Tinnie or Badge?

Guys, Can anyone tell me if this was a tinnie or a badge. I saw one from 1942 and noticed it was enameled. Was this stopped because of the war effort? How rare are these?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

item

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

It is a tinnie of a austrian shooting association.

Those clubs were mostly very traditional and not at first political. There still existing thousands of them in Germany and Austria.

Comment

As with the Opfer badge you showed the other week, this is an achievement badge in silver from the local shoot. They came in bronze, silver, gold & gold with oakleaves. Participants had to attain a particular score in the shoot before being awarded the badge in a particular grade, so unlike a tinnie that was purchased to promote an event, these were actually awarded.

Cheers
        Don

Comment

Badge

Thanks for all the info! Don, your wealth of knowledge continues to amaze me. This badge is actually fairly heavy for a hollow back piece, unlike most hollow back tinnies and badges I`ve encountered. So, as with the other badge awarded in different grades, would this one, as well as a bronze one, be rarer then the gold ones?

Comment

You are welcome Chris, this is an area that I have been interested in for a long time.

Yes.

Cheers
            Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X