Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss Tinnie

SS TINNIE

Hello, I would curious to know other people's opinions regarding the rarirty and value of this Markmanship SS Tinnie. Maker: Carl Peter of Schmal Kalden
    Attached Files

Carl Peter of Schmal Kalden. Shooting completion for 57 SS standarte(Thuringen)

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

SS Tinnie

Martin,
      I would say this is probably the most common SS tinnie out there. They`re selling for around $165.00 unless you get a seller whose trying to put his kids through college, in which case the price doubles

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lee View Post
        Martin,
        I would say this is probably the most common SS tinnie out there. They`re selling for around $165.00 unless you get a seller whose trying to put his kids through college, in which case the price doubles
        Hello Chris, I am impressed at your knowledge and I agree with both statements. You are 'right on the money' with the valuation. However the reason I posted the Tinnie was because Craig Gottlieb has the identical SS Tinnie priced at $495.
        I like the College scenario I must try that one sometime
        Regards Martin

Comment

SS tinnie

Martin,
          That doesn`t surprise me. As you well know, if its SS, then people think the skies the limit as far as asking price goes. I`m sure there`s someone out there who will pay that price. I`ve seen several just recently list and sell for right in the $150.00 - $175.00 area. In fact, I was watching one at auction and the starting price was $150.00. It was relisted twice before it sold at that price. I paid $165.00 for the one in my collection.

Comment

SS tinnie

Martin,
            I just found an auction site that has this tinnie listed at a starting price of $107.00 with 1 day left and no bidders or watchers. I`ll let you know how it turns out.

Comment

Fantasy ...not in my opinion

Hello Chris, thank you, yes I would appreciate you letting me know the auction price result for the tinnie.
              By the way did you happen to see the SS Tinnies on Detlev's website today the SS Gautag Munchen 1933 and the SS 10 Jahrige Widerkehr des gautages Berlin many are of the opinion that the SS Munich Gautag 1933 is a fantasy piece. I would be interested to hear you opinion on that
              Regards Martin

Comment

SS tinnie

Martin,
                The SS tinnie I was watching did not sell and has been relisted with a starting bid of 70 euros. I happen to go on the website you mentioned you saw this tinnie on, and was stunned at the prices asked for items. If I could get half of those asking prices for my collection, I could retire a very happy camper

Comment

one I took in on trade.

William Kramer
                  Attached Files
                  Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X