Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Das Alte Fuhrerkorps der NSDAP

Has anyone seen this medal before?

on the reverse is "Das Alte Fuhrerkorps der NSDAP" with "Treffen Hessen-Nassau 1936" along the border.

on the obverse is a figure holding shield bearing a runic swastika. the wording 'RH Main EIN' is written around the figure.
    Attached Files

Nice medal.

The last one I saw sold for about 350 Euros, I think. That was a few years ago.

You don't see these very often.

Comment

I sold one last year to a dealer for 500,-EUR.

Comment

Does anyone know how many were made?

What the criteria for 'altekampfe' was?

And if it was only for the Hessen-Nassau participants?

thanks.

Comment

Awards like this usually went to the first 500 (sometimes 1000) NSDAP members in every Gau. Different Gau areas had their own awards.

Comment

There was also an annual 'airing out' of the Alte Kämpfer of the party, who were Gold Party Badge recipients and would be driven throughout the Reich via special busses and other vehicles and were feted by various cities and areas. They were given various souvenirs and keepsakes by the areas visited. I haven't been able to find if this medal was something for those guys or is specific for members of Hesse Nassau.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Hello everyone. I think the topic of this post is about the medal, and I sincerely apologize if I am asking about this at the wrong place, as this is my first time ever posting here, so I am still learning a bit. My question is in relation to the beautiful medal however. I have a very old book, which is white, and has a drawing of this medal, which is red in color, on the front of the book. The name of the book is das alte fohrerkorps der nsdap in hessen-Nassau 1936. The book is in excellent condition and it appears to have been presented to Hans herrchen, and the book itself is signed by Gauleiter Sprenger. There is also an original hand-written presentation speech, signed by Sprenger, which was found inside the book. Overall, it appears to be a bookin reference to a tour made by political leaders. Has anyone ever heard about such a book. Thank you and I have pictures if anyone is interested.

Comment

[QUOTE=Erich B.;2627468]There was also an annual 'airing out' of the Alte Kämpfer of the party, who were Gold Party Badge recipients and would be driven throughout the Reich via special busses and other vehicles and were feted by various cities and areas. They were given various souvenirs and keepsakes by the areas visited. I haven't been able to find if this medal was something for those guys or is specific for members of Hesse Nassau.
                Erich[/QUOte

One of the souvenirs given out on that tour.

Welcome Will, can you post a pic of the book?
                Attached Files

Comment

Hans Herrchen was Kreisleiter of Untertaunus in 1937.

I have seen such a book being auctioned off a while ago. Unfortunately I did not keep any picture (maybe misfiled).

Comment

Thank you for the information. It is all greatly appreciated. I could never find any information about the book, so, since the early 1980's, I just stored it away. Here are some pictures and if more are desired, I will post them. Thanks everyone. I am such a newbie. Lol. I have the pics on my phone, and unsure how to add them to this entry. Can anyone help me figure this out. I am sure it's simple. Thanks.

Comment

I am still having difficulty figuring out how to post pictures on here. Can someone help me? Do I have to be a paid member? I am unsure. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
                        Do I have to be a paid member?
                        Yes.
                        Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
                          Hello everyone. I think the topic of this post is about the medal, and I sincerely apologize if I am asking about this at the wrong place, as this is my first time ever posting here, so I am still learning a bit. My question is in relation to the beautiful medal however. I have a very old book, which is white, and has a drawing of this medal, which is red in color, on the front of the book. The name of the book is das alte fohrerkorps der nsdap in hessen-Nassau 1936. The book is in excellent condition and it appears to have been presented to Hans herrchen, and the book itself is signed by Gauleiter Sprenger. There is also an original hand-written presentation speech, signed by Sprenger, which was found inside the book. Overall, it appears to be a bookin reference to a tour made by political leaders. Has anyone ever heard about such a book. Thank you and I have pictures if anyone is interested.
                          Very nice book with pictures of the journey of the Alte Garde through the Gau. This is the title page.

Comment

yes...that is it!!! Thank you! Is the cover of yours kinda a beige white color with the picture of the medal in the middle, which is red in color? Thanks! Is this book worth holding on to?

Comment

Yes, I would hold on to it. Such books are a great source of photos and information about the event and persons involved. Then you can try and find one of the medals. I'm still looking.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X