Pure Silver Riding Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pure Silver Riding Award

I'm looking at badges with a camera and seeing them like I never have... This badge pure silver, never saw it before...

Here is mine. Awarded in 1938 (with period replacement pin)

Regards, Hardy
    Last edited by naxos; 04-28-2008, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Hardy, if you look on the bottom right of the reverse on my badge you'll see it's marked 990 silver. Now I'm convinced they are not all pure silver. In checking my gold badges, I'm NOT convinced they are solid gold however

BUt I do see yous is also marked bottom left for solid silver. Looks like the same exact silver stamp. No doubt hand applied so maybe all the silver badges NOT pure silver. I find the gold and bronze versions of badges more often than I've found silver of almost all types of sports badges.

Comment

Brian, you are right - only a small percentage of the silver Reiterabzeichen are actually made of real (990) silver.

Some of the Gold Reiterabzeichen are also made of 990 silver and gold plated.

(show us the front of your Silber Reiterabzeichen)

Regards, Hardy
        Last edited by naxos; 04-29-2008, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Here is an example of a gold plated (990-silver) Badge

Hardy

Comment

The genuine silver examples are not common at all, and most silver and gold examples are brass or tombak with a heavy plating.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
              The genuine silver examples are not common at all, and most silver and gold examples are brass or tombak with a heavy plating.
              Erich
              - wartime zinc examples with silver wash applied are common as well

Hardy

Comment

I am curious How to award this badge??you must won on competition of riding?? maybe someone can tell me??thanx

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X