new tinnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new tinnie

Hi all just got this thought I would share it,powerful image German eagle grasping the world and setting Germany aflame.Interesting inscription to the reverse, be more interesting if I could read German. Roger
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi after study under a loupe it appears to read H Reitel Gefolgsch 16/10 Rostock-Gehl--lu Johann Albrecht st-------any ideas what this means.regards Roger

Comment

Hello Roger, this is quite a rare Hitler youth Badge to find - HJ world meeting. For a Tinnie it's commercial value is quite considerable I would say £80 (around $160) Hopefully Gerdan will see your thread and he will no doubt be able to elaborate further.
        Regards Martin

Comment

Thanks Martin allways good to know I have bought it on the right side,hope someone can tell me what the inscription means.regards Roger

Comment

Hi Martin,

I found your questions and I think I have also found a hint to explain the background of the badge:

Have a look : http://www.usmbooks.com/jugend_erlebt_deutschland.html.

Here they present a book with the title: Jugend erlebt Deutschland. Youth experiences Germany. A Photo Book of the Deutschlandlager 1935 (published 1936 in Berlin)

Youth from all over the wold (51 nations), from many countries (USA; England, Guatemala, Africa...) came to this Deutschlandtreffen.

Gerdan

Comment

Hello Gerdan, fascinating link, thank you much appreciated. Although I have bought from this particular website before I have not visited the site in recent month's. Sadly the HJ Book is already sold, non the less an interesting link. Many thanks
              Regards Martin

Comment

Hallo Martin,
                I checked all possible second hand book shops but no one has this book in his offer.
                In German public libraries the books you find only in about four copies and in our National Library. Really a rare species.

Regards Gerdan

Comment

The imagery is nothing so sinister as "setting Germany aflame". The flame represents the HJ equivalent of a boy scout camp bonfire and an international gathering of youth.

Nice pin though.
                  Last edited by sjl; 04-28-2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RMR View Post
                    Hi after study under a loupe it appears to read H Reitel Gefolgsch 16/10 Rostock-Gehl--lu Johann Albrecht st-------any ideas what this means.regards Roger
                    Hi,

Gefolgschaft 16 (Rostock-Gehlsheim), Bann 90 Rostock

Johann Albrecht.

The top line looks like H Riettel - another name?

Comment

Thanks to all who replied,thanks Garry for the translation and to Stephen I wasn't suggesting anything sinister just that the ideals of nazism were setting Germany aflame.regards Roger

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X