Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sa sports badge FECHLER ok?

hi,
    bought this on a buyitnow, just wondering if its ok?
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello, although it's a period example of the SA Wehrabzeichen in Bronze, your badge appears to have lost virtually all of it's Bronze finish, the finish you see is the exposed iron core. Fechler is an often found maker for this particular Badge, with Karl Henslar - Pforzheim, W.Redo - Saarlautern and Berg & Nolte been the other three most encountered makers of this particular Badge.
      Regards Martin
      Last edited by Martin Harding; 04-26-2008, 07:31 PM.

Comment

thanks. atleast its period, I was afraid it was fake. My first real sa sports!

Comment

Hello, no doubt about it your Badge is a 100% period original and after 70 odd years personally I like to see worn looking examples. These badges due to the fact they are constructed of Iron, sadly are prone to rust and it appears someone has at some time cleaned the Badge to remove the rust and also taken away the Bronze finish in the process.
          Regards Martin
          Last edited by Martin Harding; 04-26-2008, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
            Hello, no doubt about it your Badge is a 100% period original and after 70 odd years personally I like to see worn looking examples. These badges due to the fact they are constructed of Iron, sadly are prone to rust and it appears someone has at some time cleaned the Badge to remove the rust and also taken away the Bronze finish on the process.
            Regards Martin
            thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X