Jungsturm Adolf Hitler 1921-1923 copper plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jungsturm Adolf Hitler 1921-1923 copper plate

I found some information on a similar item in a previous thread but it went cold, and it wasn't exactly what i was looking for. Recently i acquired a jungsturm adolf hitler item, i have no idea what it is, the back is the same as the black boarder but with a small strap. Any info would be great, thanks

I would be suspicious of this item. The lettering is poorly executed, and the item looks homemade, not the quality I would expect of a period piece unless it was made as a memento by some individual. Without provenance, I would regard this as most likely a post-war creation.

Comment

Thanks Chris,

Curiosity got the better of me and I pried the metal form the backing, alas there were no markings. the black border seems much newer than the original piece. No one has any idea what it cold have come from? The collector that found it said it was part of an ID system and remounted.

Comment

I'm not sure what it would be ID'ing, as you wouldn't have dates on a building or office, and the Jungsturm wasn't big or around long. Looks to me like a personal handicraft - maybe a one-off group presentation piece.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X