gebirgsjäger 1088 coin/medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gebirgsjäger 1088 coin/medal

I would like to have a second opinion on this medal/coin brought to me by a neighbour friend from Austria. He gave it to me because he knew that I liked "german stuff". To me, it looks bad, poor cast and general look (thin HK for instance), but i never messed with such medals.So, before I put it in a drawer, let me know if you agree with me or not.

In january 2008 ebay Austria sold a medal/coin like yours for 11,50 Euro.
    The photo shows that it was as "poor" as yours.

Ther Berliner Auktionshaus sold one for 75 Euros.

I do not know the reason for the different price.

Gerdan

Comment

Perhaps someone made the mistake I did once by putting the decimal point in the wrong place.

Ended up paying 300 Euros for a 78 record which I can't even play as I had no money left to buy a record player to listen to the damned thing!
      Last edited by Garry M.; 04-05-2008, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Oh let's say prices on ebay aren't really an indication ...I was following a modern reproduction of a Julleuchter and i was prepared to pay it about€40, now I just checked and it reached already €100 !
        Back to the medal, I saw some Eismeer medal similar to mine that certainly were there, but they looked more brass made. This one is different. The only chance I gave it is that a sanitary company isn't that attractive, but ...

Comment

medal

I don`t really know what this medal is but to comment on the ebay thing a common $30.00 tinnie just sold for almost $100.00 on ebay. I couldn`t believe it Then again, just like the dagger and the helmet guys,if prices keep up like this it`ll sure do wonders for my collection

Comment

I´m not to keen on this one, lack of details, sloppy craftmanship, looks a little like a cast copy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X