NSDAP,opinion please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP,opinion please!

This is of my friend Bruno,what do you think?
    Attached Files

r
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello
      Pin is ok M 1/ 72 = Fritz Zimmermann Stuttgart
      gruss
      Guy

Comment

Hi,

I consider it as genuine albeit different from my six party pins of this profilic maker. All my examples have the standard "correct" hyphen between the "L" and the "S" and a perfect round letter "O". So I guess this must be an earlier die. The backside setup looks the same as with my pins. However... a few more opinions are welcome.

Regards, Theo
        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Thanks for your opinion

Comment

After looking at this one for awhile, I have to admit I'm not a fan. The spacing between the L and S, the oval O and the swaz that does not have the arms completely bisecting the white enamel leaves me with a bad feeling. Tough one to make a definite call on, but as for me, I wouldn't touch it if it were for sale. Just my opinion though...

Josh

Comment

I understand what Josh is saying in regards to the front. He is bang on as these are indicators of some reproductions.

But, the back of the pin looks all proper to me.

Maybe look at the white enamel with a magnifying glass to see if there are any black specks in it. I looked at my early party pin and it does have the L-S cramping and swastika disecting, but my period Deutchesland Erwache does not have the swastika disecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh B. View Post
                After looking at this one for awhile, I have to admit I'm not a fan. The spacing between the L and S, the oval O and the swaz that does not have the arms completely bisecting the white enamel leaves me with a bad feeling. Tough one to make a definite call on, but as for me, I wouldn't touch it if it were for sale. Just my opinion though...

Josh

Hi Josh,

All your concerns are good if we talking about a regular partypin from the RZM period. But this pin is made during a long time. In fact I think it is the oldest NSDAP abzeichen. During that time regulations were modified. Pre RZM pieces and transistinal pieces could have much variation and make things sometimes difficult

Regards, Theo
                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Theo Cuypers View Post
                  Hi Josh,

All your concerns are good if we talking about a regular partypin from the RZM period. But this pin is made during a long time. In fact I think it is the oldest NSDAP abzeichen. During that time regulations were modified. Pre RZM pieces and transistinal pieces could have much variation and make things sometimes difficult

Regards, Theo
                  But this is not pre RZM Theo and that is where my confusion is....

RZM M/72

Comment

Your right. But at what specific moment in their production they modified their front with the RZM regulations? Their are other makers with the RZM marks and still used the early front with oblong "O" and incorrect hyphen. I partly agree your doubts. In fact we have to compare the front with this specific lettering en pebble pattern with a "72" badge from the transistional period if we want to be 100% sure about i'ts originallity.

Regards, Theo
                    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I think Theo is correct in stating that this badge was most likely made during the transitional period (1934-35). Zimmermann did change his design after 1935. There were a very few makers that never did convert their design to conform to the RZM regulations F.W Assmann as an example he used the same obverse design as the badge posted here before and after 1935.
                      Last edited by James Noble; 04-04-2008, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by James Noble View Post
                        I think Theo is correct in stating that this badge was most likely made during the transitional period (1934-35). Zimmermann did change his design after 1935. There were a very few makers that never did convert their design to the conform to the RZM regulations F.W Assmann as an example he used the same obverse design as the badge posted here before and after 1935.
                        Another example of why I love this forum! Always learning something new. Maybe I'm too paranoid with all the fakes out there...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X