CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adolf Hitler Steel Helmet Tinnie, or is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf Hitler Steel Helmet Tinnie, or is it?

Can anyone help me out on what this might be? Anyone seen this before? Thanks!!
    Attached Files

For starters it’s a sweet tinnie I haven‘t seen this one before. Judging from the design it’s for a ww1 veterans association it could be for the regiment that Adolf Hitler was in. I’m not able to make out much of the scrip on this but if you could print it out it would help in better IDing this tinnie.

Comment

tinnie

James,
      I`ll try my best to tell you what it says with my old failing eyesight. If that doesn`t work I`ll try and get a better picture of it. Here goes:

Aus Dem Jungen Kriegsfreiwillgen
      War ein Alter Soldat Gewarden?
      1915 Freiwillige Schutzen 1918

I hope this helps.

Comment

As far as I remember the sentence is a quotation from Hitler's book Mein Kampf"

"Aus dem jungen Kriegsfreiwilligen war ein alter Soldat geworden" -

The young war time volunteer became an old soldier"

Gerdan

Comment

Gerdan,
          That is an appropriate quote to use on a veterans pin thank you.

Comment

could you show a pic of the reverse please? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Tinnie

No problem. The pin has broken off but still a cool piece.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                As far as I remember the sentence is a quotation from Hitler's book Mein Kampf"

"Aus dem jungen Kriegsfreiwilligen war ein alter Soldat geworden" -

The young war time volunteer became an old soldier"

Gerdan
                With the book written only later, I guess more the other way around.

Comment

Tinnie

Ok, now for another question. Why would a number be stamped on it?

Comment

Hi Chris,

the tinnie gives the exact quotation Adolf Hitler used in "Mein Kampf".

"Mein Kampf" was first published about 1925/26. So the tinnie must be

created after 1925/26 because the quotation is marked with the Name of

Adolf Hitler under the written text on the tinnie.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lee View Post
                      No problem. The pin has broken off but still a cool piece.
                      interesting that it has that rather pronounced serial number on the back. I would think that this is a membership badge for a specific organisation. could these be an organisation of the unit or group of soldiers that Adolf might have belonged to during WW1? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

tinnie

Thanks for all the info. Anyone else have any other info on this? Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X